Chapter 13

Vanoss wrapped his arm around my waist to support me as we left the hospital. The bandage on my leg was very thick, so it was hard to walk around. But the doctor said I'd be able to remove it in the next day or so, thank goodness.

"All settled in?" he asked as he helped me get into the passenger seat.

"Yeah. I can't wait to head back and see everyone," I smiled happily.

"A few of them had asked me to give you hugs for them, but I figured I would sneak you in by surprise so they can hug you themselves," Vanoss chuckled. He closed the door and went around the car to get into the driver's seat.

"Now I feel like I should mentally prepare myself," I spoke nervously, and Vanoss laughed at me. He started the car and we left the hospital.

As we traveled down the road silently, I felt myself become sad. I remembered that I would soon have to leave Vanoss and The Vanoss Crew to continue my work as usual. I felt my heart sink at the thought of not being able to see Vanoss a lot, or hardly at all. Especially after we just confessed our feelings for each other, the thought made me disgruntled.

~

Vanoss unlocked the apartment door and opened it, trying to be as quiet as possible. I walked in with Vanoss still supporting me. I could just barely see a head peak out from the doorway, and immediately heard an excited Nogla squeal.

"She's home!" he yelled as he ran to give me a hug. A small squeak escaped my lips as he squeezed me tightly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hug you so hard," he said as he loosened his grip on me. I couldn't see, but I heard all the others enter the room. Before I knew it, I was crowded by them.

I felt someone else join me and Nogla's hug, and before long it evolved into a group hug with everyone. My heart was racing, and my face felt hot, but I had a grin on my face.

"Alright, that's enough," Vanoss chuckled. They finally let me go, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks," I whispered to Vanoss.

"Are you hungry? I can make some food for you!" Nogla smiled.

"Or she can relax with me and play some Mario Kart," Basically spoke and grinned excitedly.

"But what if she wants to play with me and not you?" Mini added defensively.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure I'm her favorite. She wants to play Mario Kart with me," Panda said with a big cocky grin on his face.

"Nah, I'm her favorite," Nogla replied in an irritated tone.

"You guys are all wrong," Lui chuckled.

As they continued to bicker back and forth, I leaned in closer to Vanoss. I rested my head on his chest as he stood behind me with his arm wrapped over my stomach.

"Now's the perfect opportunity to sneak out unnoticed," he whispered in my ear. I giggled as they argued, not paying any attention to me.

"Yeah, that might be a good idea," I replied.

We quietly left unseen, and we could still hear the guys arguing as we walked down the hall. They had moved on from their previous discussion, and were now arguing about which one of them was the best at Mario Kart.

"They have a bit of an obsession, don't they?" I laughed.

"That's an understatement," Vanoss let out an exasperated sigh.

After that, we stood there in silence for a moment. During that silence, I felt my happiness waver and dissipate.

All of this is about to come to an end

Vanoss could sense that something was wrong, and he walked to me and embraced me.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly. I paused before I answered him.

"It's just... All of this is about to end. Panda, Nanners, Ohm, Sark, and I must leave soon. I'm going to miss everyone dearly..." I trailed off as the sadness caused my voice to waver. Vanoss stood there silently, almost as if he hadn't thought about it.

"We will able to see each other at some point. I'll make sure of it," he sounded determined as he spoke. He released me from his embrace and looked down into my eyes.

"It won't be a goodbye that'll last forever," he added and gave me a weak smile.

He could tell I didn't feel any better, so he leaned down and gave me a tender kiss on the lips. He stopped kissing me and looked into my eyes.

"It'll be okay," he said and smiled gently.

~

I had my suitcase in one hand and my briefcase in the other. I stood beside Panda, Ohm, Nanners, and Sark as we said our goodbyes to them. Not much was said, mostly because they didn't want to cry and look likes wusses.

I was last to exit the apartment, and I turned around to say bye to Vanoss one last time.

"I'll miss you Vanoss," I said, giving him a weak smile.

"Evan," he replied, smiling back at me as he wiped a tear off of my cheek.

"I know you'll be very busy, but we will see each other some day," he whispered in my ear as he embraced me. I held onto him tightly, not wanting to release him.

We walked out of the building to Ohm's Black Sudan. As we quietly packed our stuff into the car, we heard a familiar voice calling out to us.

"Wait!" Vanoss yelled as he ran over to us. My heart ached when I looked over at him.

"What? Did one of us forget something? Panda..." Nanners looked over at Panda.

"Hey! I was positive I got everything! It must've been Sark," Panda replied defensively.

"No, that's not why I'm here. I wanted to see if you will join us," Vanoss said. I looked over at the other four, confused as to what Evan was saying.

"What?" I asked confused. 

"Join The Vanoss Crew," he replied. My eyes grew wide in surprise at his proposal. I had never thought to join them.

"So, just quit our current job and stay here with you guys?" I asked. Evan nodded and smiled at his quick thinking.

"I'm in! Don't need to ask twice!" Panda ran over to stand beside Evan.

"I'm also in. Screw being a body guard," Sark walked over to join Panda and Evan.

"Why not," Ohm spoke as he shrugged and walked over to Sark.

"Count me in too," Nanners walked over to them as well.

I looked at Evan, a smirk forming on my face.

"Are you coming?" Evan asked, spreading his arms out for a hug.

"Meh, I dunno. I'll have to give it some thought," I shrugged and looked at Evan as he became crestfallen.

"Oh..." was all he said before I started to laugh.

"Of course I'm coming. That's not even a question," I giggled and accepted Evan's hug.

"Aw, I didn't get a hug in exchange for joining..." Panda pouted.

Evan then put his hand to my chin and lifted my face to look up at him. He brought his lips to mine, and we kissed without worrying about the others who were watching us.

"Uh, I'm okay. I'll take a hug without the kiss," Panda commented as he finished our kiss. I laughed, and we began to walk back into the apartment complex with Evan holding my hand.

~

So we ended up quitting our job to join The Vanoss Crew. Of course, we had a great time hanging out together and doing gang missions were also much fun. And, of course, Evan and I became a couple. We happily lived on, along with the rest of the gang.

The end (•ᴗ•)❤