Chapter 3

We were directed to our rooms, which were our client's rooms. Our job entails that we should never be separated from our clients if it can be avoided. So we have to share a room with our clients.

Vanoss silently led me to his room and showed me where to unpack my things. He also let me know that I would be sleeping in his bed and he will sleep on the floor. I felt bad that I wasn't the one sleeping on the floor, but I didn't want to argue with him. Whatever he wants me to do, I guess.

I set my suitcase and briefcase down and silently began to unpack my things. While I sorted my things and put my belongings away, Vanoss stood across the room silently watching me. I ignored him as best as I could and didn't look back at him. I was really tempted to turn around and ask why he was just standing there staring at me. I seemed weird and a little creepy, but I continued silently.

Once I was finished unpacking, I turned and faced Vanoss, waiting for his instruction. His emotion was unreadable as we stood there staring at each other. I was tired of the silence after a minute or two of awkwardly staring at eachother.

"Um, is there anything you need to me do, sir?" I asked to break the awkward silence. He looked around the room before replying, probably searching for a job for me to do. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"You can... clean my room," he commented in a monotone voice. His instruction caught me off guard and made me a little angry. It seemed like he did not know what to do with me. I am a body guard, not a freaking maid. I hid my emotions and kept a poker face as he began to walk to the door. 

"I'm going back to the living room with the others. You can come join us as well once you are done here," he turned and left, closing the door behind him.

"Well then, guess I'd better get to work..." I mumbled as I started to clean my client's room.

Just wait until you see what I can do. You will no longer have me do stupid tasks like cleaning your room. Mark my words, Mr. Vanoss.