Part 1: Alola to A New Beginning

"I could get used to this heat on my skin. I can feel every day, I'm a little bit stronger. I only wish each day was longer."

***

A l y a ' s P o V

***

Soaking in the warm rays of the sun is something I don't think I'd ever get tired of. Day after day, the sun shone with radiance you can't find anywhere else in the world. Not even after a week of being in Alola, could I compare it to anything else I'd experienced.

I dug my toes into the white sand of Hau'oli City's beachfront. I stared out into the never ending blue ocean, breathing in the salty ocean air. Closing my eyes, I zoned out into thought. It's been a week, and I still felt the pull of needing to be here in the region. It was an urge I don't think will be satisfied until I'd been to all four islands.

I adjusted the straps of the bag on my shoulders, mentally preparing myself for the journey to a different town today. I'd been to all the shops in the district of Hau'oli, buying a whole new outfit for my stay in the region. It consisted of a white tank top with blue wave designs, white shorts, a light blue belt that held my pokéballs, navy blue strappy sandals, and of my course the bandanna that Alain had given me before we parted ways.

Slipping my sandals back onto my feet, I thought of calling him before I made my way to Akala Island. It had been a few days since we talked. The last I knew, he was traveling in a forest with Mairin. I sighed at the thought of not knowing when we'd be able to talk again.

"Hey you!" someone shouted, interrupting my thoughts. I brushed it off, the beach was swarmed with countless tourists and locals, all enjoying the weather. Children were squealing as they played in the water and built sand castles. Adults chattered about the sights they wanted to see before leaving or what they were going to have as their next meal. It was noisy to say the least.

"You there! Girl! With the Absol!" the male voice continued to shout. He finally got my attention. I was the only one on this beach and possibly the whole island with an Absol. I glanced down at the said pokémon as he sat in the sand by my side. During my time here, he hadn't been in his ball once. He kept me company; pokémon were welcomed everywhere.

I finally spun around, my eyes searching for the source of the voice. They eventually landed on a darker skinned man with a lab coat over his bare chest. He ran over to me, just stopping a mere foot away. He adjusted his green rimmed glasses, before flashing a wide, friendly smile. I gave him a skeptical look.

"Alola stranger! I'm the professor of the region: Professor Kukui. I couldn't help but notice your Absol from a distance and had to get a closer look at the magnificent creature!" he exclaimed excitedly. My eyes flicked down to my pokémon quickly, before landing back on the man in front of me.

"Alola?" I asked curiously. He chuckled.

"You must be new here. Here in Alola, it's our form of hello," he informed me. I nodded slowly.

"Oh. Alola, then. My name's Alya. Yes, I'm new here," I smiled.

"Wonderful to meet you." He nodded. He then squatted down to be eye level with Absol. "Would you mind coming over to my lab? I'd like to take a closer look at your pokémon. I've never seen one look as strong as yours." I hesitated for a moment. I wanted to travel more, but getting to know the Professor of the region might not be the worst idea.

"Uh, sure," I agreed. He sprang back up, a pleased look on his face.

"Great!"

***
"Yeah! We're having fun in the sun
Week after week
It's just like we're on vacation"
***