20 Facts About Crossing Field

1. I never planned for Alya to go to Ultra Space. It was originally just going to be her taking on the new pokemon league and Island Challenge

2. I didn't have an actual plot at all for this book until I came across Tapu Fini's pokedex entry and found that I could use her fog power to tie in Team Skull, Ultra Space, and a reason for Alain to go to Alola after her.

3. Because I never planned Ultra Space, I never planned on having to power level her pokemon, which is why I had to make some switches on her team.

4. Of course, I planned on Kiawe and Alya having at least one kiss, but never fully intended on a relationship as Alya really does only love Alain. But my plans changed and they fell naturally into a best friend relationship.

5. Kiawe and Alain have a weird friendship. They are so similar that they clash and that's why I wrote a solo chapter focusing on those two. Their bickering was fun to write.

6. A reason why it took so long to finish this book is because I actually didn't have an ending figured out until the last chapter.

7. I used my author power and made Kiawe and Mallow an official couple. When watching the show I always thought that they would be cute together and I like the fire and grass trope that they have going on :)

8. Gold and Silver also made an appearance and they're canon to! It was actually going to be Steven that Alya called to come help her, but I decided to bring in some "new" characters for you guys

9. Did Red and Alya date? Nope! But they were both their childhood crushes before they went their separate ways 2 years prior to the start of Crossfire! Which means this is the first time they've seen each other in quite some time

10. Is Kiawe my favorite character from Sun and Moon? You'd be surprised to find out he's actually not. Gladion is actually my favorite! His scenes in the book I took extra care in writing wanting to do his character justice.

11. The little side character, Haruka, Kiawe and Alain met at the Battle Tree was imagined as a female version of Haruka from the anime: Free!

12.  We stalked about a lot of human relationships above, but not let's talk Pokémon. Absol and Lycanroc were pretty cosy with each other throughout the book and that's because I planned on Alya going back to Kalos to give Bonnie a Pokémon egg for her to raise. The parents? Absol and Lycanroc, of course!

13. Originally I was going to have Gladion be the Alolan Champion so he and Alya could have a real battle, but figured I'd bring in some more homage from the games and make it Hau. 

14. Alain and Alya both gained scars this book. The obvious one for Alain being the wound on his torso from Absol. For Alya it was where her face was cut during her battle with Plumeria. Alain really digs it ;)

15. I originally had Alya going to move to Mount Lanakila in a small wintry cabin, but instead kept her at the remodeled Shady House in the master bedroom that used to be Guzma's Throne Room.

16. I also intended to have Alya become Alolan Champion and to permanently live there, but she and Alain still have some traveling and growing up to do before I let them settle down happily ever after...;)

18. Alain finally asked Alya to be his girlfriend!! I had it planned out to be this late because like I said before I had intended for Alya and Kiawe to share some romantic scenes, yet didn't want any cheating drama.

19. Moving onto the next region, Alya will be going in with a full team this time. You'll see some old faces and some new ones that have only been mentioned before.

20. The Galar regions awaits our couple and they aren't taking any prisoners! They are going to take it by storm. Their experiences in Alola had taught them the fear of what it's like to possibly lose another and to be apart. The question is...how long will that lesson be in their minds as they start a new adventure?