Alola to A Vacation on Vacation

A     l     y     a    '    a            P     o    V

***

"Right this way, please." A waitress smiled at Kiawe and I, leading us to a booth towards the back of the restaurant. It amazed me how they had this establishment inside of a large Wailord shaped ship here in Sea Folk village. I had no idea an island like this would have people actually living on it. But here we were, ready to be served after dropping off our pokémon at the Pokémon Center on the docks.

"She'll have what I'm having. The usual, please," Kiawe told the waitress, sitting across from me. She dipped her head with a smile and walked away towards the kitchen. I quirked my eyebrow up at him.

"You come here often?" I asked curiously.

"I do. It's not well known, especially compared to the places on Melemele, but that's what makes this place so great. It's quiet with top notch food," he explained. I nodded, satisfied with his answer. He was right. It was cozy in here, despite the occasional rocking due to the restaurant being on water.

"Okay. So what's the game plan for the rest of our sightseeing? If nothing then I want to meet up with Ash and start some rigorous training routines to get my team into shape. I would ask Red, but all his team members are too high level for now, but Ash would be perfect..." I started rambling, my mind in thought of what I wanted to accomplish over the next few days or weeks.

"After today you can do whatever you wish. You've pretty much gotten a grasp on everything. You don't really need me anymore, I guess," he shrugged, his eyes moving to not meet mine. A small frown settled on my features.

"You want to get rid of me so soon, huh?" I quipped.

"You said it yourself when we first met. You can take care of yourself just fine," he said, crossing his arms over his bare chest. "Or was that you just putting on a brave face as usual, Alya?" He had a sly smile on his face, letting me know he was trying to get a rise out of me.

"I can, and I have. I've been on my own for a lot longer than you think," I scoffed, turning up my nose. Though our argument didn't continue as the waitress reapproached our booth with our food. She set steaming bowls of pasta in front of us along with glasses of water. The smell hit my nose, causing my stomach to growl in anticipation.

"Enjoy!" she said cheerfully before once again leaving us alone. I wasted no time digging into my meal. The first bite sent shivers through my body. It was that good.

I fully understood why Kiawe came here all the time. It was the best thing I've eaten since I've come to Alola. In a matter of minutes, my bowl was empty, and I sat back with a satisfied sigh. Kiawe finished up a little bit after I did. He actually savored his food. The bowl of noodles fueled me with energy. I was buzzing now, ready for whatever Kiawe threw at me today.

"You ready to go?" he asked me rhetorically, taking in the sight of me tapping my fingers on the table, unable to sit still. I nodded quickly, swiftly getting to my feet and leading the way out of the restaurant and onto the dock. The salty breeze blew through my hair as I looked out into the never ending ocean. It temporarily brought me down. This huge ocean was separating me from my home. Whether that be my house in New Bark Town or nestled in Alain's arms. Either way, I was homesick, but I still couldn't let that stop me from my set goal here in this region.

A hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts. Kiawe stood behind me, his Charizard by his side. I gave him a smile, masking my previous crestfallen attitude while I was waiting for him. The sight of his Ride Pokémon gave me the impression that we were flying somewhere. Which meant this was my first opportunity to get on the back of my Braviary. I released my large Flying Type from his pokéball. He emerged with a flourish, flapping his wings and letting out a loud squawk. I had a feeling he didn't like to be cooped up all that much.