Alola to Crossing Fields

Alya's PoV

***

No sooner had I sat down on Guzma's "throne" did the doors spring open. Startled, I stood back on my feet, a hand instinctively resting on a Pokeball. A girl stormed into the room. Her yellow eyes were ablaze with fury.

I didn't know her name, but I'm sure she was an Admin based on the way she was dressed differently and she seemed to carry a more assertive aura.

"I'm Plumeria-The Team Skull Admin.I help keep Team Skull together. I'm like a big sister to all these numskulls. You have realized what idiots all these guys are, right? But don't you think some dummies are cute in their dumbness? You know what I mean, right? You picking on my cute, dumb brothers and sisters is really annoying me!"

"You want to take this outside?" I asked in a low tone. Plumeria let out a 'hmph' and turned on her heel, her pink and yellow pigtails whipping around sharply at her swift movement. The two of us didn't say a word as we made our way out onto the front lawn.

"Salazzle, let's go," Plumeria started off, releasing her pokemon. I took in the sight of the pokemon before me, knowing I had the same one in my arsenal, but I chose not to use her.

"Drown it, Empoleon," I commanded. As soon as I released my pokemon, a thick fog rolled in, engulfing the four of us. In a matter of seconds, I was thrust into the back seat as Tapu Fini took control of me. All the while, Empoleon used the water from the rain to create a wave that crashed down onto Salazzle, dowsing it with a neverending torrent of water.

A smirk made its way onto my face as I watched the poor pokemon struggle for breath. The terrified look in its eyes as it knew that it had no chance of survival surrounded by its one true weakness. Luckily for Salazzle, Plumeria recalled it before the water in its lungs suffocated it beyond repair.

On the inside of my mind, I felt like I was slamming my fists against an invisible barrier, trying to regain control. I would have never have done that. It was just plain cruel...but this was Tapu Fini's way of teaching me a lesson. A lesson that I didn't heed when it first warned me to not come here.

"Gengar!" Plumeria growled, clearly upset with the mistreatment her Salazzle had received, even due to the fact that this was a battle.

"Come back, Empoleon," I muttered. My voice was barely above a whisper, but even I could feel the power that emanated from my being. "Cut it down, Absol."

Absol emerged from his Pokeball. A look of hesitation crossed his face for only a moment until he to was under Tapu Fini's spell. Absol's red eyes glazed over, and he shot forward a Psycho Cut attack that sliced right through Gengar's Shadow Ball that had been rocketing towards him. Without any further instructions from me, Absol leaped into the air and somersaulted down towards Gengar, landing a devastating Sucker Punch. The weight of the attack pushed Gengar down into the ground, leaving a crater where there was once flat ground. When the dust cleared, the Ghost Type was no longer conscious.

A strangled cry of frustration came from me, but I was locked inside my own mind, therefore Plumeria could not see the internal struggle that was happening. For all she knew, this was the real me. It wasn't. I should have listened.

'You should have thought about that before. This could have been prevented,' Tapu Fini spoke to me, but not a word was uttered out loud. In front of me, Plumeria gripped tightly onto a pokeball, her eyes shutting briefly. I could only assume this was her last pokemon.

When she tossed out the capsule, a Lurantis emerged. Tapu Fini didn't recall Absol, instead had him come back and stand beside us. My hand moved and grabbed a different pokeball, this one containing our own Salazzle.