Part 2: Alola to the Beginning of the End

A     l     y     a     '    s        P     o     V

***

~Several Days Later~

"Alya..."

"I know. It's been awhile since we've last talked, hasn't it?" I asked the boy on the other side of the screen. I was glad that I was sitting down for this. Just the mere sight of him had my knees weak and my mind dizzy...though that wasn't unusual these past couple of days.

"I'm sorry. Mairin and I have been traveling to different regions. I haven't had the time to relax," Alain sighed. He sounded exhausted. I couldn't blame him, though. It wasn't just his fault, though it was new information to me that he was now traveling beyond Kalos.

"It's fine, Alain. I haven't had a free moment either, but did you say...different regions?" A slight smile tugged at his lips when I caught on to what he was saying.

"Yeah. Professor wanted to see if there were any traces of Mega Evolution in other regions besides Kalos now that the phenomenon has spread globally," he explained. "So far we've been to Kanto, The Orange Islands, Johto, and Hoenn."

"That's a lot of places in just a couple of days," I pointed out. He nodded his head in agreement.

"We're only at each location for a day or less. The gear that is provided to us scans the area and gives us feedback if it detects any kind of energy related to the power of mega stones within a matter of a few seconds."

"That's...amazing," I grinned, glad to know that he wasn't just stuck in Kalos and was out having fun all the while getting work done for Sycamore. He smiled brighter...a smile that I missed dearly.

"Enough about me. What have you been up to?" he asked. My own smile faltered. I didn't have as good news for him as he had for me.

"Well, I met up with Red and Blue a few days ago. I beat Red in a battle and Blue helped me figure out why the egg Kukui gave me wasn't hatching," I told him, a smile on my face at the memory. "I completed my team by catching a Shiny Braviary."

"That's exciting," he chuckled. "Have you figured out when you're coming back?" I frowned a bit, getting ready to deliver him the bad news.

"I decided to stay until I get rid of Team Skull. I don't know how long that will take, considering I need to train my team up still, and I don't know how tough they are going to be to beat." Alain sighed heavily.

"I thought I told you to stay away from them, Alya. You went there for a vacation. You're supposed to be taking it easy."

"I know, but--" before I could say anything more, a sharp pain pierced my mind. Grabbing the sides of my head, I curled up in the chair.

"Alya? Are you okay? What's going on?" Alain asked, worry laced in his voice. I took several deep breaths, but the pain didn't let up yet. I couldn't move without the ache worsening, let alone speak. Gritting my teeth, I moved my hand down to touch Absol's Pokeball, releasing him. He took one look at me, before bounding out of the room.

"Answer me! What is happening to you?" Alain was panicking now. He shoved his face up against the screen, trying to get a closer look. A hand ran through his hair, and then down his face. I could hear his ragged breathing. He couldn't do anything, and I knew it was driving him insane. Why did this have to happen now? Why couldn't whatever is happening wait just a few more minutes?

"Alya!" Kiawe exclaimed, rushing into the room and kneeling down by the chair I was sitting in. Absol followed after him, completing the job he was sent to do; bring Kiawe. "It'll be over soon. Here."