Chapter Twenty-Nine: Witch of the Counter

One by one, I put everything on the counter as the old lady calculate how much amethyst I need to pay. After finishing putting all of the stuff, I took a glimpse at the old lady.

Having witnessed Grandma Jill in her youthful appearance eventhough she's already in her 60s, the old lady in front of me looks really like an old lady, with her white hair and wrinkles. I take a peek of her name plate and was dumbfounded with what was written on it.

'Witch of the Counter'

But then, right before my eyes, the words moved as if it were alive and started to form new words.

'Cohtet Cunwic of the Infinite Bookstore'

I blinked before shaking my head and rubbing my eyes. Did the letters just move? Or am I just hallucinating?

"Dear, you know staring is rude." The old lady, or Miss Cohtet said with a mysterious smile.

"I'm sorry but I think I saw something... never mind." I mumbled while Miss Cohtet only continued to smile mysteriously which kinda freaked me out a little.

After neatly putting my things in a bag she then turned to me, "That's ten thousand amethyst, dear."

I nodded and then handed her my ID. She took a glimpse at my ID and... is it just me? Or her smile suddenly widen?

I shook my head to get rid of the thought as I watch Miss Cohtet slide my ID through a glass which suddenly shone a green color. After that, she handed me my ID.

As I was getting my ID, my finger unintentionally brushed by Miss Cohtet's ruby ring.

Suddenly, I felt a pang of pain inside my head as if it was being hammeredy as series of pictures and unknown voices flash inside my head. I couldn't comprehend what are the voices saying to me because they were overlapping with each other while the pictures are all blurred. The pain intensified as words then floated in front of me.

'Seven devils all around you.'

What? Seven devils? Ugh

I groaned as I grip on to the edge of the counter. My body feels like it was about to collapse anytime.

"Change their fate, in order to change yours." The lady said mysteriously before turning around.

As I was about to collapse, I then heard Forest shout as she cast a cushion spell on me in order for me not to fall hard on the ground.

"Hey Amber! Are you okay?" She asked as she continuously pat my cheeks.

I nodded and tried my best to stand up. Although I still felt a bit dizzy, I was able to stand up properly after a few tries.