Chapter Thirty-Six: Skeleton and Bones

Amber's POV:

"What's happening here?!" A booming voice was heard from above the crater.

All of us turned and saw Forest's aunt, Celena Night, standing on the edge of the crater with her left hand on her hips and was giving us a death glare.

Those red eyes seems to be burning right now.

"Forest! Just, what happened here?!"

Forest was startled as she started to explain in a flustered manner, "Eh... you see Aunt Cele..."

I gave Forest a nudge when I heard her calling her aunt's real name. She shouldn't spill the beans about Celena's real identity especially when there are a lot of people watching.

Her illegal bookstore is the only key for me to solve the mystery.

"I mean Aunt Luxurie... there was a fight between Amber and a Necro..."

"Nocturnal monsters!" A young man abruptly shouted. He was wearing a teacher uniform with the usual logo of KU.

"She meant to say Nocturnal monsters. You know those beasts always roaming around in the night causing trouble for my student here."

I gave him a suspicious look, "Who are you?"

"Not now Miss Scarlette." He whispered back at me.

"Nocturnal monsters? Well that's common but how can you explain the explosion and that skeleton there." A citizen said while pointing at the skeleton behind us.

The young man stiffened.

I snorted. So much for being a help.

I coughed lightly, gaining their attention, "Well, you see, after I went out of the restaurant, I saw a cluster of Nocturnal monster ganging up a middle aged man. Being a concerned citizen, I decided to help him out. But I guessed I was too late because after I set the explosion that killed all the monsters, the man is already a skeleton."

The citizens started whispering to each other. It's a fact though that Nocturnal monsters is a problem here in Galoway Town.

"Now, I should probably give this guy a proper burial." I said before grabbing the skeleton.

Some of the citizens seemed disgusted and scared by how nonchantly I grabbed a skeleton, as they all ran away from the scene.

I sighed. Finally.

"Miss Luxurie! Do you have a good place to put this skeleton?"

She turned to look at me. I saw clearly how her mouth twitched.

"Follow me." She muttered.

I grinned. We then teleported in front of the restaurant.

"Butler Kanes." Luxurie called.

The butler from before suddenly ran to the entrance. He bowed in front of Luxurie, "Yes?"

"Could you handle this skeleton for me?"

Butler Kanes frown before deciding to look behind Luxurie. Seeing me with a sinister grin while holding the skeleton, the butler paled.

"I'm... i'm sorry but I think my wife is already calling me." He said in a fluster, "You know, don't want to anger the miss." With that, he ran like he was on fire.

"Wife? But I thought he was single... Butler Kanes!"

But alas, he was already too far to even hear Luxurie's shout. And damn, that butler can run faster than taking his time thinking to just teleport away.