The Lounge

Okay so it's finally here. Literally ever since I heard this song three months ago I wanted to make a mute fic about it and have this be the voice reveal.

Also; THREE UPDATES IN ONE WEEK WOOT lmao

Please don't play the song until it says it makes everything so perfect. 

AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't read this chapter if you can't listen and watch the video. It's no fun otherwise.

The days following the arrival of my band were spent inside my house practicing. I would talk with Mike a few times a day. He liked to lecture me about skipping classes, but I didn't really care, and I told him so. He was also mad that I hadn't hung out with them in awhile. I promised that I would after the weekend.

My band and I had done full run throughs of the song, blasting my house with sound. We were excited. We were nervous.

And we were two hours away from performing.

In the basement of the Lounge was a full stage set up for practice. I guessed this place was pretty legit. I hadn't seen the upstairs, but staff were going up and down a utility staircase and they'd told us that was where we had to go up, too.

The place opened in about an hour. There was this band down practicing with us, All Time Low. They had some pretty cool songs lined up from their new album, Last Young Renegade. It went on sale today, actually.

(A/N AHHHHHHHH IM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR LAST YOUNG RENEGADE THEY ALREADY HAVE FOUR SONGS OUT AND DO I KNOW THEM BY HEART? Yes, yes I do.

Announcement:

I've written 84 pages of a Jalex fic that I'm posting on Friday. I'll update that on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and maybe Sundays because I have a lot written and I hate keeping people waiting like I have with this fic lmao.

So yeah! CHECK OUT LAST YOUNG RENEGADE WHICH COMES OUT ON FRIDAY and you can also check out my fic which is MUCH LESS IMPORTANT THAN THE NEW ALBUM. k thanks)

They were pretty cool guys. Gabe and Rian were talking non stop about drums and stuff. I guess it was pretty hard to relate to the people in your band when you were constantly in the background. Literally.

They went up about ten minutes before the place opened, getting set up in the real room. The Lounge was a really popular place. Everyone came to hang out here, even though you had to pay to get in. It was kind of like a VIP club or something, but anyone was welcome as long as there was space.

The noise and bustling of people drifted towards us from down the staircase. I heard All Time Low's singing blasting from above us, cheers or the lyrics and stuff.

You were my last young renegade heartache

It only took one niiiiiiiight

Caught in the eye of a hurricane darling

We had to say good byeeeeee

The crowd sang along with the lyrics and it made me incredibly nervous. Everyone loved All Time Low. They were engaged in the lead singer, Alex's, voice. They knew the lyrics and everything. We were going to sing a song while they went to take a quick break, then we'd leave. The song's run time was just over four minutes. That's how long everyone had to be bored.

"Oh geez why did I agree to this?" I wondered out loud.

"What?" Justin asked.

"They're so much better than us! Ahhhhh." I clasped my hands together, nervously playing with my fingers.