C29 - Danger Zone

My racing heart and petrified self just waited to be exposed to a furious Alex, but that's not what happened. "I returned to give you a message. Your father wants to speak with you. They're here," Jace said. I let out a small sigh of relief. My heart was still beating quickly, luckily I managed to control my breathing so that he wouldn't hear any pacing from his curtain. "Find Xavier, let him tell her the basics. I can tell her the rest once I'm myself again," Alex, no wait, Alexander answered.

Even though most people in here call Alex for Alexander, I can't. It would be a hassle having to remember calling him that instead, too abnormal.

Alex and Jace were mumbling and whispering stuff to each other as if they knew they had people listening. I found it odd how Alex couldn't see the curtains forming around me sometimes. Obviously, I had to move slightly every now and then, and the fact that he hadn't noticed started to seem unrealistic. Perhaps he's just not as observant as I expected him to be. "I will go tell Xavier straight away," Jace assured Alex. I was literally two seconds away from reacting with "no wait" at this point, luckily I'm not that foolish. I would walk straight into a danger zone, putting myself at risk. Jace has anger issues for sure and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't appreciate me listening to their private conversations. 

The sound of a door closing was heard not long after Jace had gone to look for Xavier. It was completely quiet, so I assumed they had both left. Therefore, I carefully moved the curtain away from me so that it didn't wasn't covering all of me anymore. "Xavier?" I whispered. I didn't get an answer, so of course, I became worried enough to step out from my hiding spot entirely. "Looking for someone?" Alex asked.