C103 - Who's to blame?

My eyes opened slowly, observing the pile of clothes on the floor and some random belongings here and there. I yawned, feeling extremely tired and unmotivated to get up. My hair was looking like a mess with all its tangles and random strands of hair going over my face. I slowly moved my head to the side, seeing a sleeping Alex beside me. His hair was a mess as well, luckily. I could spot some of his freckles when studying his face, freckles that aren't visible from afar. His face is very symmetrical, which makes it look dearly appealing. His eyelashes are long and dark, creating a more dramatic moment whenever he opens his eyes. God, he's beautiful.

Since Alex was sleeping so peacefully, I decided to lay beside him to prevent waking him up by making sounds. I hadn't got to text Dane last night, in fact, I completely forgot about him, which resulted in him sending me tons of messages. I quickly looked through the messages, realizing he'd become extremely worried last night. Apparently, Adeline hadn't returned, making him think I did him dirty. I wouldn't lie to him like that, he's my friend. "Adeline was released yesterday. I never asked her where she would go to because I assumed she would go straight back home. I would never use you like that, however, I can't continue lying to Alex. Therefore, I won't be making deals with you anymore," I texted back to Dane.

After putting away my phone, I turned my head in Alex's direction, seeing him staring back at me. "You ok?" he asked huskily. He had such an obvious morning voice. "Yeah," I nodded. He was struggling to keep his eyes open, they continuously closed and opened. "Actually, no, I met Dane behind your back yesterday," I blurted out. "Hm, you sure know how to kill the mood," he groaned. "You're not angry?" I frowned. He slightly shook his head, leaving me very confused. Was he shaking his head purposely as an answer, or to change the position of his head? He breathed softly, looking up at me with his watering eyes. "I'm not crying, my eyes are just tired," he clarified.

I hesitated whether to ask him the question again or not, but I had to get a proper answer, therefore I decided yes. Alex sighed, leaning his head back against the bedhead. He opened his mouth to answer, but he never got the chance to say anything. Jace banged loudly on the door, yelling blurred words through the door. "Right, the locks," Alex rolled his eyes. We only had a double duvet to cover us so he couldn't take that one, therefore he had to put on his black jeans.

Alex unlocked all the locks on the door and opened it, letting Jace in. Jace stared at the mess on the floor, giving me a dirty look and a raised eyebrow. The uncomfortableness of his gaze caused me to pull the duvet closer to my face. "Adeline is gone," Jace informed. He knew it was me who let her go, he must've known... "What? How?" Alex exclaimed. "It seems as if someone in here made a deal with someone over there because Zane messaged me saying he was coming back," Jace said, casting a glance at me. I swallowed oddly, terrified that Jace would ruin everything by telling Alex that I had done it...

-Hayden's point of view-

Adeline returned this morning, thankfully with news on Alex. She had a sly grin on her face, making me curious to whatever she had discovered. "Alex and Valerie are more unstable than I had anticipated. She was willing to lie to his face for me, heck she even let me go willingly. The two of them have a fragile relationship with lots of confused and mixed feelings, meaning it would be the perfect timing to act out," Adeline said. Unstable? "Thank you for your suggestion, Adeline. I'm sure we can figure something out," I answered, moving my sight to Nikkie. She sat in the corner with a tensed facial expression, listening carefully to our conversation. "Don't you think, Nikkie?" I smiled. Her mouth opened, moving downwards so that she was looking utterly uncomfortable. She has become Valerie's friend, that will come in good hand for my future plans.