Chapter 1

She was in the recording booth, as usual, recording her next single. She had no clue how she'd finish her album, as the theme was love and truth be told, she's never been in it. She's had a few crushes here and there, 1 or 2 boyfriends, but no one really stood out to her. She was having trouble coming up with lyrics that really spoke to her. 

"Your eyes, crashin' into my eyes, was I accidentally falling in love?" She sang, but you could tell she wasn't really feeling it.

"Your words, couldn't--" She continued but was stopped by her manager.

"Stop, stop. What's going on Sabrina? Where's that passion! Where's the drive? Where's the girl I signed?" The woman asked.

"I'm sorry Marie, I'll make sure to put my heart into it." 

"Great. Take it from the top."

She shook it off and began again from the beginning. "Your eyes, crashin' into my eyes, was I accidentally falling in love?" She sang again. It was full of feeling, until she got to the phrase, "falling in love". It sounded as if the word love was something from a completely alternate universe. As if she'd never heard of love, as if it were so peculiar, it was strange to speak of it.

"Stop again. Let's just take a lunch," Her manager told everyone.

Sabrina felt crushed, had she done that horrible? She removed her headphones and hung them on the mic before leaving the recording booth. She walked outside to her manager, "Marie. I know you want me to be the best I can, and put all my emotions into the songs I sing, and I do try, my best. But..I'm just having trouble with my new songs. The feelings just seem off to me," She admitted.

"How so? Tell me more," Marie responded.

"I, myself have never been in 'love'. And therefore I find it hard to sing about it, and put all my feelings and emotions into it. The truth is, I don't have much experience in this new realm, and right now, I don't know if I can really sing about it."

"There's the emotion, Sabrina!"

"Marie, I--Wait, what?"

"There's your opinion on love. It's something new, something strange, something out of place. Something you haven't touched base on much."

"But I don't have any written songs like that."

"That's fine, we'll just fine tune some things. Switch a few things here and there. I've got it all covered sweetpea. Just keep rehearsing, and I'll take care of everything."

"Wait Marie, I can help--" But Marie had already left before Sabrina could finish her sentence. "I just need time," She finished.