Chapter 13

While walking to the parking lot, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see her standing there with a kind smile.

"Hey," She greeted him.

"Sup'," He replied.

"I wanted to thank you for all those times. So, thank you."

"Anytime, B." He grinned.

"B?"

"Yeah, its your nickname. You like?"

She smiled, "I do, its..Unique. No one else has ever called me 'B' before."

"Sounds good." Neither knew what to say next, so they both just looked away awkwardly. He jammed his hands into his pockets, while she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Hey, if you're free today, maybe we can take that raincheck?"

She looked at her imaginary watch, "My schedule's open today, so why not? Sounds fun."

"Great." The two began walking, "So where are we going again?"

"I thought you knew?"

"But I thought..You knew."

"Yikes, um..How's Central Park?"

"Good, as long as..I beat you there." He took off running.

"What? No fair you got a headstart!" She chased after him. He laughed as he picked up his pace.

· · · · ·

"First!" He exclaimed as he jumped onto the grass.

"Yeah, because you cheated!" She responded, laughing.

He smirked, "Well I wasnt the only one, I saw you cutting corners."

"You didnt specify how we have to get here, so ha!"

He chuckled, "Touché. So, you wanna start walking?"

She bent her legs, placed her hands on her knees dramatically and started panting, "Just give me a minute."

"C'mon, I'll give you a ride. Hop on." He subtly crouched a little, and she got on his back.

"Now this, I can get used to." The two laughed. They started strolling around the park, "I really like this walk."

He grinned, "Me too."

"Giddy up, horsey!" She laughed.

He groaned and sprinted a few metres. She hopped off afterwards. "So how are your songs coming along?"

"Okay, but my manager's got it in her head that I like y--" She slapped a hand over her mouth. "-Yogurt. That I like yogurt. I mean, of course I do..Ha..Ha.."

He raised an eyebrow at her but decided to let it go, "Well Im glad to hear that. I like yogurt too." She smiled, then bit her lip, embarrassed of her slip up.

"So..How's baseball going?"

"Pretty great, scouts are gonna be at the next game." She nodded. He scratched the back of his neck, "Do you think you could come to my next game?"

This took her by surprise, "Yeah, I'd be happy to."

"Great."