Chapter 8

But just as things for her album were looking up, she received a call from Marie mid-walking with Bradley. She picked up the call.

"Hey Marie," She greeted her over the phone.

"Hi, Darling. I have good and bad news, which do you wanna hear first?" Marie responded.

"Bad news first, just to get it over with."

"Well, the record label just called me, saying they weren't giving out any more extensions. We have to get things done by May. Or there will be no second album."

"What?! They can't do that!"

"They can and they will. So our main focus is now the album. No distractions!"

"But what about the movie?"

"Album first."

"But we perform my song in the movie!"

"Fine, but make it quick. We don't have much time. Just hurry home now and start rehearsing. We have no time to waste!"

"But I'm out right now. Can't I go home in a little bit?"

"Sabrina. That's like me asking, do you want to be a singer song-writer or not."

"Marie, that's not fair!"

"Tough luck sweetpea. Head home, pronto."

"Fine."

She hung up and stuffed her phone angrily into her pocket.

"Something wrong?" He asked after hearing her frustrations during the call.

"Yeah, Marie wants me to focus my everything on my album. Record label made the deadline May. And it's either then or never," She answered.

"Oh. But you can do it, you're first album was amazing!"

"Thanks but this one is harder. And juggling this and the movie, I can't have any more distractions."

"Is that what I am to you? A distraction?"

"Bradley, I didn't mean it like that! I'm just super stressed."

"Just forget it. Go work on your album, I'll see you tomorrow at filming." He started walking away, faster to the park . She wanted to go with him, as they were starting to become friends but she decided he might need some space right now. And plus, she had to work on her album ASAP. She huffed a sigh before also going back to her own home.

   -------------

As she fumbled with her key, trying to unlock the door, she heard a rustling sound. She started panicking and went faster, when she finally unlocked it, she realized it was just the neighbour's kid's ball. She sighed a breath of relief and headed inside with ease. She locked it behind her before pounding up the stairs. She had to finish this album, preferably with inspiration, but at this point, she'll take anything close enough.

She opened up her laptop and connected her mic before remembering Marie had told her there was good news. She grabbed her phone and dialled her number as fast as she could. It rang for a few seconds before:

"Hey Darling, how's it going with the song recording?" Marie spoke through the phone.

"Um..Great, great. But I was actually wondering...What was the good news?" Sabrina replied.

"Oh, just that that boy planned you some surprise. Sounds cute."

Then it hit her, so that's why he was so upset. He has something planned for me at the park. And I cancelled on him to try to record a song, even though I surely cannot in the state I'm in right now.

"Sabrina? You still there?" Marie asked.

"Uh..Yeah. What was the surprise?" She asked with urgency in her tone.

"You don't know? Surely you would've seen it by now."

"I got your call while we were in our way there. I never saw his suprise!"

"Oh. Well, he told me, he had this surprise to help you with inspiration."

"Okay, what was it?"

"A picnic date."

"W-what?"

"Yeah, corny but sweet."

"Um..I have to go, Marie. I'll uh..Call you back later."

"Okay, bye sweetpea!"

She placed her phone on her desk before running a hand through her hair. I messed up big time. Not only did I lose inspiration, I lost a chance to kindle the start of something..Maybe something real. But I'll never know now, what could've been. He probably doesn't even wanna talk to me. Ugh, what have I done?