Chapter 3

She had finished recording for the day and decided to take a little walk before heading home. She grabbed her backpack and headed out the door. As she walked down the stairs, she was focused on her phone and didn't see someone coming the same direction. Crash. They both fell, landing onto the floor. Actually, she landed on him.

"Ouch," She uttered.

"Oof," He grunted.

She looked to see who it was and it was him. She scrambled to get off him and in the process, tripped and fell back down onto the pavement. She blushed from embarrassment. He had already gotten up, and extended a hand out to her. She took it and he helped her up.

"Thanks, and sorry for crashing into you. I didn't see you there," She spoke.

"No, it's my fault. I should've seen that you were on your phone and didn't see me coming. They always say, 'look out for the text-walkers'," He responded and chuckled. She let out a small laugh too.

"So, what have you been working on?"

"I'm actually the voice of the male lead in the new Disney Movie. We just recorded a bit of dialogue here and there, it was pretty fun."

"I'd think so."

"What have you been up to?"

"Recording my new album. But the problem is..--Nah, I shouldn't put this on you." 

"It's alright, I mean, who more can you trust than a guy you just met?" They shared a laugh again.

"Well, okay, if you insist, haha. It's just, the theme of my album, love and growth. I can get the growth part, I mean I'm growing right now as we speak. But the love? It's supposed to be intimate love, how am I supposed to do that?"

"Well, have you ever been in love?"

"Um..Well..Its..Its just..I mean..Eh..No." She looked down at the ground, her cheeks burning.

"Hey, don't be embarrassed. If I'm being honest here, I've never been in love either."

She lifted her head and met his eyes. Had he really never been in love? She thought. As if he could read her mind, he said, "Nope, never."

"Well, do you want to fall in love?" She asked.

"I don't know, maybe one day. Do you?"

"I mean, I don't want to sound selfish or anything, but I want to because my album has a deadline to be finished by."

"Well, if there's one thing I know about this so called love, it's that love can't be forced or rushed. Otherwise it isn't really love."

"How did I learn more from a boy I just met than my manager who I've known for a couple years?" She giggled, and he let a chuckle out.

"Same reason I learned more today from this conversation than any other conversation I've ever had." 

"And what is that reason?"

"I'm not sure..But I know it's the same reason."

"You seem to know a lot, don't you?"

"Eh, not really."

"So, Bradley, where were you going before we crashed into eachother?"

"Eh, maybe heading home. Or maybe on a walk. Haven't decided yet."

"Well, I'm taking a walk too. So if you do decide to take a walk, just know I'll be around Central Park."

She began walking away towards Central Park, a huge smile on her face.