Chapter 11

She excitedly skipped on her way over to her recording studio. Marie sat inside, making phone calls as usual. Sabrina walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

"I'll have to call you back," Marie spoke over the phone as she saw Sabrina.

"What's up sweatpea?" Marie asked.

"So I recorded a song yesterday and Im happy with it and I wanted to know what you thought about it," Sabrina replied.

"Alright, bring it on." Sabrina handed her her laptop and Marie slipped on her headphones. She pressed play and listened. She nodded her head a few times and shook her head other times. Then she took off the headphones.

"So, what'd you think?"

"It needs some work."

"Oh." She was devasted, she had worked hard on that song and she was proud of it.

"Its not bad. We just have to tweak some things."

"Oh..Okay."

"Don't worry hun, you'll get it soon." Sabrina nodded and walked back outside as Marie dialed another number on her cell.

Sabrina sat on the steps outside her studio. She buried her head in her hands. After a few minutes, someone noticed as they were walking by and came over.

"Hey, you okay?" They asked. She recognized the voice and shook her head.

They walked over and sat with her. "Whats wrong?" They asked.

"My recording isnt good enough, nothing new," She replied and bit her bottom lip.

"You know, you need to stop being so hard on yourself."

She lifted her head up to look him in the eye. "Easy for you to say. You dont know what its like."

"Oh really? What if I told you, Im balancing recording this movie and practicing for a really important baseball game that'll play a big factor in whether I get a scholarship to my dream school or not."

"Im sorry, I didn't know. Im selfish aren't I. Here you are, working hard for your future, while Im sitting here moping about my uncompleted album."

"Not completely true. This album is a huge part of your dream."

"You're too nice to me."

He chuckled, "Its not that hard when its you, you know."

She smiled, "See, this is what I'm talking about!"

"Well, maybe you're just easy to be nice to."

She touched his arm, "Are you even real?"

He laughed, "Yup, just ask my doctor."

She giggled, "You never fail to cheer me up."

"Well now that you're in a happy mood.." He handed her headphones, and she smiled. She plugged them into her phone and played her soundtrack, slipped them on and began singing and recording it. "Somewhere in the this world there is a father and a mother, and the father is a son who has a mother. The mother has a daughter..." He grinned as she sang, slowly falling for her.