C h a p t e r 3

After you had finished eating you were led to a room high in a tree, the elf closed the door and left you alone in the massive room. Putting your weapons down you began to look around, carvings of intricate patterns covered the walls. Seeing a door on the far side of the room you were curious, you walked to the door and turned the handle. In this room was a vass selection of clothing of different materials and colors. Closing the door you feel a breeze, turning around you see another set of doors. When you opened them you were greeted by fresh air, you were on a platform.

Looking in the distance you see many more platforms from other rooms, the light glistened all around you. Remembering the necklace you took it out of your shirt and looked at the jewel, you were curious of what Haldir had said earlier about a prophecy.

"Beautiful is it not?" a voice said from behind you. Quickly turning around you see Haldir stainding in the doorway. "Sorry, I did not mean to startle you." he smiled softly. Seeing your chance to ask about this prophecy, you took it. "What is this prophecy you spoke of and what does does this necklace have to do with it?" you ask re-entering the room. Halidir gestured you to the bed to sit before closing the door, leaving it open a little. "There is a prophecy..." he began walking to you slowly as you sat on the bed, "of a woman who will save us from evil." You looked at him confused.

She who bears the stone of green
Though not much she may seem
On the day that she appears
Our eyes shall no longer be filled with tears
For she is the one who has been chosen
To rid us of the evil that has risen

Haldir sat down beside you, "So... you think I am this chosen one." you say, Haldir nods his head, "Why?" Haldir points at the jewel, "That is an emerald, it is one of the rarest gems in Middle-Earth." you look down at it. "You said "she who bears the stone of green" right?" you ask. "Yes." Haldir replies. "Are there not other gems that are green?" you were anxious. "No... the emerald is the only green gem ever found," your eyes widen, "Are you sure... you do not remember anything before you woke up?" he asks.

"I... I remember a dream I think." you rubbed your temple and looked at the ground. "What was it?" Haldir asks. "I... I cannot remember." you say looking at him, your eyes met his. "Well..." Haldir stood, "We will talk tomorrow." he went to the door. Before leaving he looked back at you as you curled up in a ball and fell asleep instantly. He felt something deep within, for some reason...he wanted you to be the chosen one; closing the door he left you to rest.