C h a p t e r 7

Haldir softly knocked on your door and opened it seeing you sitting on the edge of the bed with your face in your hands. "(Y/n)..." Haldir says entering the room, you look up at him. "I need to know..." Haldir hesitated, "Please Haldir..." you say slowly standing. "...You... are the one of the prophecy." he says softly. Your eyes closed tightly, you didn't want that to be the answer. "(Y/n)..." Haldir started to slowly walk towards you, "What is it?" you looked at him tears filling your eyes, "I do not know..." Haldir looked confused, "What do you mean?" he asks. "I mean I do not know what I am supposed to do since I am the chosen one." you said a little aggravated. "I mean... I wake up find myself here with a necklace you say is rare," you start to walk to Haldir, "then you tell me of a prophecy and that I am the one from the prophecy." you were in front of him, tears streaming down your face, "I do not know what I am supposed to do with this..." you grasp the necklace, "or how I am to rid this evil I know nothing about."

Haldir slowly lifted his arms and took you into them pulling you close, you put your arms under his and gripped his shoulders tightly. "I will help you (Y/n)..." he says softly, your ear on his chest you could hear his rapid heartbeat, you could feel yours pounding as well. "Le athae." you say softly. Letting go of each other you looked in each others eyes, he brought his hand to your face and wiped away a falling tear with his thumb, his hand caressing your cheek. Suddenly a screech echoed through the open doors to the platform, you both look in the direction of where the sound came from. "What was that?" you asked as Haldir quickly went onto the platform. "Orcs..." you turn and see Orophin panting at the door. Haldir looked at you, he walked past you in a hurry out the door. You looked after him eyes wide and filled with tears, you ran to the platform and looked at the ground. You see Haldir giving orders to elves that are running past him, he looked up at you then ran with the other elves. You couldn't just sit there and wait, running back in the room you change into your leggings and shirt, grabbed your bow and blade then ran out the door.