C h a p t e r 8

"There are too many Haldir!" you hear an elf shout, you drew your blade ready to cut down any orc that crossed your path. "We cannot let them get to her!" Haldir shouted. You realized then... the orcs came for you. Suddenly an orc charged at you screeching loudly, you slice its throat. Hearing the screech most of the orcs looked in your direction. "Grab the she-elf!" yelled one of them in a raspy voice. Haldir found you, "(Y/n)! Go back!" Haldir began to run to you as several orcs were getting closer. "You cannot do this by yourself!" you shout stabbing an orc in the stomach. Spinning around you ducked avoiding a blow then stabbing the orc in the neck, its black blood covered your face, streaks of it on your cheeks.

"Haldir!" you shouted as you saw an orc charge him from behind, you killed the orc in front of you then grabbed your bow and nocked an arrow. Haldir looked at you, releasing the arrow it whizzed past him and in the orcs eye. The orcs just seemed to keep coming, suddenly you were grabbed. "(Y/n)!" Haldir shouted. Your weapons were taken as the orc started dragging you. Bringing your head back quickly you hit the orc in the head forcing him to let you go. Quickly turning around you hold out your hand, palm facing the orc. Just as he started to charge you a bright light came from your chest. Everything stopped and looked at you. Your back arched bending you backwards, arms spread, eyes closed. Then a big pulse of light radiated off your body, the orcs screeched and began to run away. Waves of light burst from your body as they ran.

When they were all gone Haldir looked at you, the light slowly began to dim. Haldir ran to you, when the light disappeared you fell back in his arms, he lowered you to the ground, your head on his shoulder. You were panting heavily, your eyes slowly opened, you see Haldir looking at you. "(Y/n)..." Haldir says softly. "I am fine..." you say as your breathing evened out, "help me up please." you say taking his shoulders to steady yourself. Haldir helped you up letting you use his body for support, "What happened?" Haldir asked. "I-It felt like it was the necklace." you take it in your hand and see a dim light slowly fade away, you looked up at Haldir with wide eyes, "...It was the necklace."