C h a p t e r 6

"Haldir insists it is her." Celeborn tells Elrond of Rivendell, "We shall see, where are they?" Elrond asks. "Here my Lord." Haldir says as you reached the top step. Elrond looked at you curiously, "What is your name child?" Elrond asks as he slowly began to walk to you. "(Y/n) my Lord." you bowed your head and kept it there to avoid all eyes upon you.

"I am Lord Elrond," he says when he is in front of you, "May I see this necklace of yours?" he asks holding out his hand. You untie the black lace that held the necklace and held it in your hand, you noticed your hands were shaking, you dropped the necklace from how shaky they were. Bending down quickly to retrieve it your hand brushes against another. Your eyes followed the arm to the face of Haldir who was bent over next to you to retrieve the necklace. Your eyes locked and for a moment it felt as if you and Haldir were the only ones there, you came back to reality when Celeborn cleared his throat.

Haldir grabbed the necklace, you both righted yourself at the same time. "Thank you." you say softly as Haldir gave you the necklace, your hands touched again. Though you didn't want to, you broke away your gaze and turned to Elrond and handed him the necklace. Elrond examined it thoroughly, "Where did you get this?" he asks. "She cannot remember." Haldir answers for you since he could tell you were nervous. "The dream that I told you she had is the only thing we have to go by." Celeborn says joining Elrond.

"This stone has a strong energy..." Elrond looks at Celeborn. "Is it her?" Celeborn asks, "You have the gift of foresight... surely you must know." Celeborn continued. "I only saw the jewel itself..." he looked at you, "though... I did see someone." Elrond handed the necklace back to you, then he looked at Haldir. "Whether it is her or not I cannot say, but the jewel... is the one from the prophecy." Elrond looked back at you as you put the necklace back on. "Can you not look into her future?" Celeborn asks, "It is the only way we can be sure." Elrond looked at Celeborn then to you, "May I?" Elrond held out his hand, you hesitantly put your hand in his then looked at him in the eyes.

Only mere seconds after looking in your eyes he jolted and removed his hand from yours. Suddenly you felt dizzy and your knees buckled beneath you, but before you could fall to the ground Haldir was behind you holding you steady. His touch made your heart race, the warmth of his hands sent chills through your body. "Orophin... take her to her room." Celeborn says to the same elf from the forest who pointed his bow at you, he took you away.

"What did you see?" Celeborn asks. Elrond looked at Haldir, "Darkness... a darkness trying to enter her mind." Elrond says. "So... is it her?" Haldir asks eagerly. "... Yes."