Nihilist In Shining Armor

-Oikawa-

After a late night with Iwaizumi doing things that were far from innocent, I awake in the morning, sprawled out across my sofa.

My eyes wander around, until they land on Kageyama, sat asleep in the chair next to the sofa.

"What?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes and making sure I'm seeing this correctly. Why isn't Kageyama asleep in his bed? That's where I remember him being at the end of the night last night...

I hum, getting up and walking until I stand in front of him, and I look at him intently. Not to be creepy, or anything. I've just never seen him this peaceful before.

His head is back against the chair, his mouth open, and his eyes closed in the most peaceful manner.

As I look down, he's in a plain blue T-shirt and some boxers, cute red ones with blue flower silhouettes.

Though, as I gaze further, I realize even more. I also recognize that sometimes, things are best left unnoticed. 

On his left arm, a bruise is present, right next to a wound that clearly came from someone's fingernails. I acknowledge that they can't be of his own doing, as his nails are far too short to do any damage like that.

I squat down, taking his arm in my hand and inspecting the wounded area. 

I try my best not to wake him, but soon I see his eyes cracking open. He still clearly lacks energy, but he does manage to get some words out.

"Oikawa? What's going on?" He asks, but he makes no effort to move his arm away. 

I gaze down at his arm, then back up at his clearly exhausted face, and I decide I should ask him about his injury, rather than coming up with laughably inaccurate ideas of what could have happened.

"What exactly... happened to your arm?" I ask, and Tobio gazes down at his wound.

"Oh, that," He mutters, still seeming disinterested, "Iwaizumi did that."

The words leave his mouth nonchalantly, but I need to do a double take and make sure I've heard him correctly.

"Iwaizumi? As in, the one who was 'round here last night?" I ask, needing reassurance, and hoping I've heard him incorrectly.

He gives a short nod, before fixing his posture in his seat and removing his arm from my hand.

"It was, what-" he says, before quickly checking the clock on the wall, "4 hours ago or something? I don't know, it was around 4 AM, and I came downstairs because I couldn't sleep. As I was going to the kitchen to grab some water, I noticed you and Iwaizumi. By this point, I guess you must have passed out or something, but Iwaizumi was still awake." He takes a breath, probably trying to correctly recall everything while still in his state of exhaustion. "Anyway, as I looked more closely, I noticed Iwaizumi... doing things. Things you probably shouldn't do to someone who's asleep. His hands were... under your shirt, rubbing your sides in a way that seemed far too mischievous. He was leaning over you, and he seemed prepared to do something bad. But... I, uh... got to him before he could."

By this point, my mouth is open into an"o" shape, not wanting to believe the words coming out of Tobio's mouth.

"H-how did you get him to stop?" I ask, my voice now coming out unevenly, my bottom lip quivering.

Tobio sighs.

"If there's anything I've learned in life, it's that a swift kick to the nuts will get any guy to stop doing what they're doing." 

I glance up at him, and I nod, before excusing myself to the restroom.

I turn on the faucet, beginning to splash cold water in my face to rid my mind of stray thoughts. 

This may be, perhaps, one of the most confusing things to ever happen to me.

For one, I would have never assumed that Iwa-chan would have bad intentions, or even dare to go as far as Tobio said he did.

Along with that, I never imagined that Tobio would actually defend me like that. If anything, I'd expect him to say something like, 'please, not on my couch' or 'let me leave the room first'. 

It makes me oddly hopeful, though I know it shouldn't. Tobio is just my roommate.

My kind of dumb, kind of rude, way too cute nihilistic roommate.