Noticing A Difference

[Oikawa]

Kageyama has been... Different as of late.

He's been distant, but in a different way than usual. He doesn't seem to be avoiding me because he hates me or doesn't want to deal with me, but rather, he seems... shy?

I know that sounds ridiculous... But that's partly because it is.

But... I don't know how else to describe it.

Like, yesterday morning. I made some pancakes for breakfast, since that's really all I'm capable of making and not burning. I had made enough for the two of us, and when I offered some to him, he took some, thanked me, and scurried off.

I'm not sure what's more shocking; the fact that he ran away so suddenly, or the fact that he actually managed to thank me first.

...

I'm just unsure of what to do.

I don't want to confront him about it, because I don't want to make him uncomfortable, but I also want answers.

I'm not an idiot-even though some of my actions may make people think otherwise- and I know that there has to be a reason for Kageyama's bizarre actions.

I had briefly considered several different things, but dismissed them all, as they didn't fit Tobio's character. Though, this doesn't fit his character either.

I sigh, contemplating my options.

Maybe I can just have a normal conversation with him and see how it goes. The two of us haven't had a normal interaction in what feels like forever.

I opt for that, walking into the living room, where Kageyama is currently seated on the couch and watching some random show that he doesn't seem to be interested in.

I take the opportunity and sit next to him, something that would usually make him stand up and move to the chair.

Now, I say usually, because this time, his reaction was unusual. He didn't move, still keeping his eyes on the TV. I furrow my eyebrows, but decide to start some small talk with him.

"So, Tobio, how's your day been?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"Pretty alright, though pretty much all I've done is watch TV. What about you?"

I'm shocked at first, due to the fact that he asked me, but I quickly recover.

"Pretty boring," I begin, "I haven't had much to do."

I move slightly at my spot on the couch, adjusting myself. Once I'm settled, I realize that Tobio's thighs are touching mine. Yet, again, he seems to not care, simply continuing to watch the show.

"Do you have any plans for today?" He asks, seemingly out of nowhere. I'm shocked, but I reply honestly.

[Third Person Point of View]

Kageyama's heart races at the close proximity of him and Oikawa, but does his best to brush it off as he tries his best to hold up the conversation that he initiated. 

Oikawa shrugs, "Nah, I usually don't make plans on Sundays, since all of my friends are usually busy."

Kageyama feels his insides do a little dance, glad that Oikawa doesn't need to be going anywhere soon.

"Then, would you maybe wanna watch a movie again? I really enjoyed the last time."

Oikawa is visibly taken aback by Kageyama's request, and at first the younger considers taking it back and pretending it never happened. That is, until Oikawa breaks out into a smile wide enough to make Kageyama's dark soul fill with light.

"Of course! Another movie means more quality time with you!"

The two are left in a funny situation then, both of them blushing due to their feelings for the other, but neither acknowledging each other due to their own embarrassment. 

"I'll head to the store now and pick up some movies, alright? We don't have that wide a selection." Oikawa says, finally breaking the silence between the two.

Kageyama nods shyly, "Ok. See you soon."

-

A/N

this legitimately took a month and I am so so deeply sorry. I updated before I left for Greenland and then when I got back from Greenland I was chucked right back into school. I'll try to be back on top of my updates though, especially since I have some cute ideas for my upcoming chapters. Stay tuned!