Chapter 2

Love is Eternity

WARNING: This story contains strong language. Rated M for language, violence, sex and mature content. You've been warned!

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon.

--- 

Chapter 2

Yolei couldn't focus. She'd been at the shop for hours now but couldn't focus. Instead she had been thinking about Ken and their 'date' tonight. She couldn't believe that Hawkmon had said yes to Ken. How could he? Did Hawkmon know Ken was a big shot and there was no way a woman like her would ever be right for Ken?!

Well it wasn't all Hawkmon's fault; he had just come back and had no clue what had been going on in the human world all this time. So much had changed in the past years, she couldn't blame Hawkmon. He knew nothing. Thinking about the bird, Yolei was glad he was back! She didn't feel completely lone anymore, she was glad she had someone to talk to, someone that was there for her. That she had someone who loved her and would do anything to keep her happy.

Yolei didn't want Hawkmon to leave. Having him around made her feel like she was 12 again. She was just getting use to him in her life again, that she wanted to be selfish and keep him here. She didn't want to lose him. She wasn't ready too. Yolei hoped that Izzy and Joe would discover a way where Hawkmon could stay for as long as he wanted with her.

As Yolei was deep in thought, she didn't notice Mako calling her.

Mako was a part-time college student that worked weekends and evenings at the shop. She was a beautiful young girl. The first time Yolei had met her Yolei wasn't sure if Mako would be the right fit for the shop. Mako was a tiny girl covered in tattoos from her neck down to her legs, and had short black hair with bright pink highlights. Apart of Yolei had feared she would scare away some of the older customers. However, once Yolei had gotten to know Mako, she found the younger girl was a nice, sweet girl. So Yolei hired her. From then on Mako had become a friend that Yolei was glad she had. One thing Yolei knew was she could trust Mako with almost anything.

"Yolei, you okay? I've noticed you've seemed out of it all day. Is something on your mind?"

Yolei wasn't sure what to say. Should she tell Mako about her 'date' with Ken today? Yolei really was excited and needed to tell someone. There was no harm in sharing it with Mako. So with that Yolei started, "Mako... I need to tell you something... but don't tell anyone! "

Yolei watched as Mako leaned over the counter to hear her better.

"Well you see I have a date..."

"WHAT?!! Yolei it's not with Lee, is it?" Mako asked in a worry. She still remembered the look on Yolei's face when Yolei had seen Lee kissing that girl from the bakery across the street. Yolei had been heartbroken and had left the shop putting Mako in charge. Mako had felt so bad for Yolei and wanted to hurt Lee, but when Mako went out looking for Lee he was nowhere to be found. She just hoped Yolei didn't let that asshole back into her life! Yolei deceived better!

"NO! That's over for good. I will never forgive that bastard for all he's done to me," Yolei hissed. She didn't want to think about Lee anymore, no she hated his guts!

"Thank gosh you finally dumped that loser! I thought that you'd never get rid of him! He was a fuckface! Yolei as your friend I can't let you go out with another guy so soon... I mean rebound sex is great and all but I don't think you need that right now. Plus I mean this guy could be some-"

"Mako relax! It's not a 'date' date. It's just two childhood friends who happened to be male and female going out for dinner."

Mako frowned. If that's all it was then why was Yolei making a big deal over it? That was nothing. Sighing Mako started to talk again as she went back to work. "Yolei I don't understand why you're freaking out because of this. It's not like you're going out on a date... or have to worry about a good night kiss, or even who's bed you'll be in tomorrow morning... "