Chapter 9

Your P.O.V

I am making down to my dorm while listening in to the conversations around me.

It's been two months since my incident and I still haven't fully recovered everything seems like a blur.

I sigh as I try to open the door.

"Fuck don't tell me I forgot my keys inside." I mumble under my breath before the door suddenly opens.

"You forgot your keys again?" Mia giggles. "You're lucky I was in here."

She walks back to her bed and I close the door behind me.

"Hey you heard Camila's coming back today."

I tilt my head at Mia.

"Oh right I forgot..." Mia suddenly looks worried. "Don't know how I'm gonna break it to the poor girl."

I throw my book bag onto the ground and sit beside Mia.

"You still haven't remembered anything about her?"

"No I'm sorry Mia." I sigh.

"Don't apologize to me." Mia puts her hands up as she gets up and then starts smiling. "Hey, let's go to our favorite place." She grabs my hand and starts dragging me down the hall.

"Starbucks isn't my favorite place." I roll my eyes at her.

We walk into Starbucks and walk to a table.

"Okay now just sit here and... don't... move." Mia says slowly.

"I might've lost my memories but I still understand English." I say amused.

"Well actually-" Mia was about to start talking about when I was first released from the hospital.

I put my hand over her mouth. "Okay okay! Just go get me the usual and I'll sit here." She nods and walks away as I lean back into my seat.

Suddenly it gets really loud, I look back to see a bunch of girls walk in. I take out my headphones and start listening to music to drown out the girls.

I watch as Mia walks back to the table and places the drinks down before a girl walks up to her.

"Hey Mia !" The girl exclaims and then turns to me.

"Oh uh Camila I need to talk to you." Mia gets up and drags the girl named Camila away.

"Hey Y/N." Another girl from the group walks up to me and stands beside me.

"Oh hey Leah." I smile at her.

"How are you doing ?" She places her hand on my head.

"Better." I reply.

"That's good." She sighs.

"Leah stop blaming yourself for it, it's not your fault." I get up and hug her.

"It's not fair that you're the one that got the worst and we just walked away with scratches and bruises."

"Don't worry the doctor said I'll fully get all my memories back in less than 4 months." I smirk at her as I step closer.

"Hi." I look from where the voice came causing me to step away.

"Oh hi?" I raise my eyebrow at Camila.

"My name's Camila, Camila Cabello." She extends her hand.

I shake her hand and look at her noticing that her eye's were red and puffy.

"Were you just crying?" I ask her but she just walks away.

"I have to go see what's up text you later Y/N?" Leah waves goodbye at me and Mia before walking after Camila.

I look at Mia confused.

"Guess I'll have to tell you your past relationship with Camila now." She sighs.

Mia finishes telling the whole story from the first time we met to the letter Camila wrote before she left. I sit there in silence biting on my empty cup the whole time.

"I have the letter, I didn't give it to you earlier because your doctor didn't want too much information throw at you at once especially in the beginning."

I suddenly get up.

"What are you doing?" Mia asks.

"I'm gonna need the letter, I'd be upset too if I was her." I hold out my hand and she places a paper onto it.

I walk back to the dorm and unfold the paper as I sit down on my bed.

It reads:

Hello Y/N,

I normally do not write letters so this might be a little bit awkward. Well, at least for me. Also don't mind any grammar mistakes. I'm going to miss you. Like a lot. I'm going to miss staring at you in the cafeteria. I'm going to miss your laugh and your smile. I always think of you but now I that I'll be away I won't be able to see you physically. You're really confusing Y/N. I don't know what you think of me or if you even like me, but I fucking love you.

I had to switch pens because I lost the other one hence the change of color ink. You know that feeling in your stomach when your genuinely really happy. That's what I feel when I'm around you. Whenever you smile I have butterflies in my stomach. Longing that one day I'll be the reason for that smile. I know you have a short term memory and don't remember the people that you don't really talk to but I'll always remember you. In fact you were the girl who stood up against the girls who were bullying me in elementary school even though you were bullied yourself. You did the same thing for me in middle school when people were calling me names while I was walking through the hallway. You told them to stop being jealous that I'll be more successful than them one day. That soon they're going to regret it and beg for my forgiveness. Then in high school everything switched around and you were right. Now I'm in such a good place in college surrounded by people who respect me. I'm "popular" and they're nothing to me. Thanks to you I built up confidence to stand up for myself and that made me who I am today.

You still might still not remember me but that's okay. When I first saw you I recognized you right away and well, I fell in love with you again. I don't know if the feeling is mutual but I hope you give me a chance when I come back from x factor. I'm going to sing a different song and it's going to be dedicated to you so I hope you'll watch me. Please contact me from time to time.

                                                                                                                       Love C,

I suddenly get up and started walking down the hallway and I didn't know where the fuck I was going but my legs were taking me somewhere. I suddenly stop in front of a dorm and knock the door opens a few seconds later and I just walk in.

"What are you doing?!" Camila exclaims.

"To be honest I never know what the fuck I'm doing Camila."

"You know what? Me neither." She walks up to me and gently kisses me on my lips and pulls away but then resumes while pushing me onto her bed.

"I'm not sure this is a good idea." I whisper.

"You didn't think this was a problem three months ago." She says.

"I guess you're right." I let out a little laugh.

I might not remember everything yet but that's not gonna stop me nor change who I am. I'll just go on based on what I recall and what I'm told by people I know or knew until I get all my memories back.

If I get my memories back...

A/N: 5 more school days till official classes end and then I have a week of exams and finals. Guess who's having the time of their life... NOT ME! Expect more updates soon though. ;)

-@TOXICDLNAH on Twitter