Morgan Rielly - Part Twelve

I didn't want to go home that night either.

The only thought that had got me through the door of my own apartment, putting two doors between Morgan and I, was the fact that I would see him bright and early in the morning.

Morgan had 'made' the same Chinese food that I had bought the first night we met in the elevator. He had insisted that he was a man of many talents, Chinese cuisine being one of them, all the while pushing the red and black boxes of the Chinese restaurant out of my sight.

After dinner we had again moved to the living room and had discovered that we had a favorite show in common and had spent nearly three hours taking turns ranting over our fan theories. In the end Morgan had wanted to prove a point and we had settled down on the couch to rewatch segments and argue some more.

I had picked myself up off the couch earlier than the night before. Morgan had again led me to the door and again we had shared a stare. Something unspoken and unknown filtering between us until I opened the door and disappeared out into the hallway.

My phone ringing on my bathroom counter startles me out of my thoughts as I wrap a towel around my body, having just stepped out of the shower. Nick's icon stares up at me and I accept the call.

"Hi, honey," I say brightly as our Facetime connects and his tired face appears.

"Baby," he says in greeting. His voice husky and his hair a complete disaster.

"I always forget how long your hair is," I muse, leaning against my counter.

He chuckles and runs a tanned hand through the locks, brushing them out and letting them fall across his forehead. "Well, a few more weeks and you get to see them for yourself," he gives me a goofy lopsided smile and I can't help but smile in return.

"You mean you'll still have it then..." I say cautiously and he gives me a look of disbelief.

"You telling me you don't think it's sexy?" He gasps.

"I mean..." I start, looking away from the camera to hide my smile, "I didn't say that."

"Oh wow," Nick laughs, again running a hand through his hair. "Here I was thinking I looked drop dead gorgeous with these luscious locks."

"Are you sure you're looking a mirror when you think that?" I ask and he gives me another look of disbelief and I can't help it anymore and erupt into a fit of giggles.

"You sure are full of it tonight," he muses, after joining me with a soft chuckle.

"I'm just kidding! Mostly at least..."

"Y/N!"

"Kidding!"

Nick shakes his head and looks to the side, as if looking out a window. "God, I miss you."

My heart thumps loudly in my chest and a warm feeling creeps over me.

"I miss you so much more," I murmur.

Even through the phone, the mood changes and I'm reminded of the Nick I got to know in Colorado. The boy I fell in love with.

Nick shakes his head slowly at me. "As corny as it might sound baby, I don't think that's possible right now."

"You'd be surprised," I respond. A shiver runs through me, the warmth of my shower having left me and my damp towel doing nothing to help.