Chapter Four

The eight of them made their way through the large, empty lobby. As they stepped out of the large glass doors, the night air engulfed them, and there were only a few of the photographers still lining the street. A few of the flash bulbs went off as Mr. Campbell opened the limo door for their group.

In the lounge, the girls had polished off two bottles of champagne, and the boys had almost finished their bottle of scotch, Ashley now carried the dregs at his side. As they all settled into the limo, Mr. Campbell closed the door behind them, the music already on, and filling the interior.

Veronica noted how much cosier it was, with all eight of them filling the seats. Alexis sat in the corner seat of the bench, her legs draped over Ryder's lap, and his suit jacket draped around her shoulders. Ashley sat on her other side, distractedly curling one of her blonde locks round and around his finger while she spoke amicably to Mikhail, on Ryder's far side. Mikhail had an arm around Veronica's shoulders, her head rested perfectly against his chest, as Landon sat closest to the door. Dalton and Julia were half lying, half sitting in the double seats facing the rest of the group.

All of them had the perfect buzz going, though Ashley handed the bottle of scotch around for all of them to swig from.

Alexis stopped mid sentence to bring the bottle to her lips, the liquid heating her insides, as she held the bottle to her chest, her eyes caught Ryder's, and she pointed wordlessly to her feet. As if reading her mind, Ryder gently pulled one of Alexis' heels off and handed it to her. With a flick of her wrist, Alexis threw the heel at Landon, where it landed perfectly in his lap, shaking him into the conversation.

"Don't you dare fall asleep." She started pointedly at him. He had been staring out the window as she watched him yawn. "We've still got a lot more to do once we get home."

Landon smiled lazily at her, "So we are still going to keep up our tradition for Valentine's Day?"

Alexis sat up from the leather seat, "We are, aren't we?" She shot a questioning gaze at everyone else.

"I would fucking hope so!" Julia said from the cradle of Dalton's arms.

"We didn't spend all this money today for nothing!" Veronica added, before placing her lips to the tattoo on Mikhail's forearm.

Everyone's faces lit up as they agreed. Landon leaned over Veronica and Mikhail, placing a warm hand on Alexis' ankle. "Good." He said with a dark smile, placing Alexis' shoe back on her pale foot, before leaning down to place a hot kiss on her ankle.

Alexis smiled around to everyone as she took another sip from the bottle before placing it in Ryder's palm. She pressed her liquor-moistened lips to his. As she settled back into her seat, Ashley continued to tug at her hair soothingly.

As they neared home, the atmosphere in the limo had changed, While Ashley had moved closer, to drape an arm around Alexis' shoulders, Ryder's large, hot hands were playing across the skin of her bare legs.