Chapter Eight

Alexis let the heat of the shower envelop her as the morning light poured through the bathroom windows

Alexis let the heat of the shower envelop her as the morning light poured through the bathroom windows. She hummed to herself as she rinsed the soap from her hair, cutting her tune short as she caught the sound of someone in the bathroom. Peeking her head outside of the shower, she watched as Landon finished buttoning up his pyjama pants before closing the lid of the toilet seat.

He blinked at her with a warm smile, his hair tousled from sleep, his torso was bare, revealing the tan of his skin, which accentuated the deep lines of his muscles. Alexis' eyes took him in hungrily, her eyes hovering where the lines of his hips disappeared behind his pyjama pants.

"Morning, Baby." Alexis purred as Landon moved close to press his lips to hers. "Would you like to join me?" she asked, looking up at him as he pulled away.

Landon leaned in for another lingering kiss before responding. "I wish, but I've got to go load up the truck." He flashed her a dazzling smile before stepping into the hallway through the open bathroom door.

After patting herself dry, Alexis hung up the towel, and entered the hallway, letting the air prickle her damp bare skin. Ryder was stepping up the stairs, he turned and almost ran into her.

"Morning, Beautiful." Ryder said, leaning down for a quick kiss before continuing down the hall. His hand swung back coming into contact with her bare ass in a light slap. Alexis let out a high-pitched yelp before hurrying down the stairs, and Ryder smiled to himself as he walked into the still steamy bathroom.

Alexis was still giggling like a schoolgirl as she neared Mikhail's door. Composing herself, she quietly entered the room, softly closing the door behind her. Mikhail was sprawled on his back, the sheets in a tangle at his waist, revealing the tan skin of his torso, and the smattering of tattoo's across his chest. He lay exactly where she left him, one arm laid out on the pillow above his head, the other resting against his stomach.

Alexis smiled to herself as she crawled up the end of the bed, slowly climbing her way up Mikhail's frame, She dipped her head, kissing her way up his torso. Mikhail murmured, still half asleep, as Alexis' lips pecked their way up his body. She watched as he lifted his head, still murmuring to himself, his eyes squinting to look down at her. He lifted his hand to cup her face.

"Mmm, why are you wet?" he said, his words languid with sleep, his sleepy features lifted into a smile.

"I had a shower." Alexis said, her lips moving against the skin of his stomach, he could feel her smile against his skin.

Mikhail reached out and grabbed her, pulling her up to fit her against the side of his body, cradling her there.

"It's time to get up." Alexis said, looking up at him with big blue eyes. Her hair was warm and wet against his arm.