Chapter Ten

They spent a few hours out on the water, everyone riding the wake board in turn, until Landon took them along the coast line, and down a narrow crack in the rocks that was nearly invisible unless you knew where it was.

"Alright, here we are." Landon said from the wheel, turning everyone's attention on him. Veronica's eyes widened, taking in the view. Everyone was silent as they did the same.

"My god... It's breathtaking." Julia managed.

"Man, you weren't kidding when you said it was gorgeous." Ryder said, squeezing Landon's shoulder.

"No, no I wasn't." Landon said in awe as he took in the beauty, a view he would never tire of.

The waterfall wasn't too tall, but wide, and the vegetation of the forest above was falling over the rock in places. The fresh water of the fall, met the ocean in a small inlet, an inlet that you couldn't see from the open waters. Landon had navigated the boat easily through the complicated twists and turns around the jutted cliffs. The water here was clear turquoise as the sun reflected off the white rock that lay not far below the surface. Landon had come here often, but this was the first time he was able to show the others. Although, Alexis had seen it before, and Landon could remember it vividly as Alexis looked at him, the blue of her eyes sparkling as her lip twitched into a smile, before turning her eyes down to the clear water.

Landon was smiling to himself as he cut the engine, he pulled his white tee over his head, throwing it to the seat before diving off the side of the boat, and into the cool water. The water was much warmer here than the open ocean, comfortably warm as the suns heat amplified off the stone below the shallow water.

As Landon surfaced, Alexis was mid-air, splashing into the water next to him with a yelp. He wrapped an arm around her as she surfaced, pulling her body heat to his before placing his lips on hers.

The others jumped into the water at random, all laughing and splashing as they swam closer to the waterfall. Ryder's feet touched the rock beneath first –the water getting shallower as you neared the fall. He was waist deep as he walked under the falling water, the pressure beating his body in a soothing way. He brushed his mop of curls back from his face as he faced the group, settling himself so the heavy water could pound against his shoulders. Veronica was closest, her tanned skin glistening with water as she approached him. Veronica reached out her hands, placing them on Ryder's shoulders before pushing him back under the water. Her hands were still firm on his shoulders as he emerged on the other side. The sound deafening as the rush echoed off the shallow cave.

Ryder wiped the water out of his eyes just in time to see Veronica, head back, step toward him through the wall of water, her black hair trailing down her back with damp weight. As she opened her eyes, they met his with a sparkling darkness, the wall of water behind her lit with sunlight. Veronica continued to push him back until his bare back was pressed against the cold rock, where she pressed her body into his, and her lips found his.