Ch. 2 : Escape and Weirdness Galore

I redid the last paragraph in Chapter 1, so I changed it from Black Widow and Captain America to Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver.

          My eye's fluttered open to recieve the bright harsh lights from a room.  The room had way to many smells and the lights were killing my eyes.  I groaned softly, feeling for my mother's necklace, and sat up on the clean white bed.  I took a look around my new surroundings.  I was apparently in a hospital.  Great.  I hate hospitals.  Hospitals equal needles, and needles equal blood.  So no. 

         I ran my hand through my hair and stopped and sat dead still.  On top of my head, were to furry things.  I spotted a hand held mirror on the table besides me and took a look on my head.  I gave out a small squeak of surprise.  I had two gray ears on top of my head that were striped with blue.  Oddly enough, it looked like the Chesire cat's ears.  "Wait, no, oh my star's and whiskers!"  On my butt, was a gray and blue tail.  My butt, had a tail.   

          I started to hyperventilate quietly.  I needed to get out of here, preferably without getting caught.  I tugged on my tail and ears, making sure that this wasn't a sick joke.  I tumbled out of bed and yelped.  I closed my eyes and waited for the impact with the hard floor.  It didn't come.  I cracked open my eyes and gasped.  I. Was. Flying. 

(Underlined italics mean the voice inside her head is talking.)

         "Yes you can fly, silly goose, what did you think you could do?  Lay an egg?"   A voice inside my head sounded out in amusement.  It was a woman's voice, and it sounded very much like my mother's voice.  "Mom?"  I asked tentively.  "Yup, that's me dear."  She purred as I got the answer on the first try.  "Why don't you try to disappear?   I figured out that since that I'm in your mind, I know what your capable of.  Oh, but try not to talk outloud.  I can hear you just fine through your mind." 

          I was sure what she meant by disappear, but I closed my eye's lightly and opened them because I felt a strange tingling sensation on my body.  I let out a strangled gasp.  I couldn't see my body anymore!  "Okay, that's wierd and freaky.  Good thing I like wierd and freaky."  I chuckled.  "You need to get out of here and find Jaelynn.  I have a safe house for emergencies like this.  What happened to you, must have happened to Jaelynn too."  I nodded jerkily.  Right.  I paced around the room, still invisible when I heard voices outside my door.

"Where's the patient?!"

  "I don't know sir!  She just disappeared!"

          I snickered at their panicked voices.  I crept by the door and waited for them to open it.  The door flew open with a BANG and I crept out steathily to find Jaelyyn's room.  My ears swiveled around and pinpointed footsteps hurrying around.  I heard sobbing behind a quarintined room and I figured 'what the heck.'  I opened the door and gasped at the sight.  It was a girl with red hair, the picture above in the media section, and pale skin and a Mad Hatter hat on her head sitting on a wooden chair.  I'm pretty sure it was Jaelynn, but to make sure I said this.  "It's tea time!"  

          Her head shot up and she rushed forward to give me a hug.  "Oh my god, what happened to your hair?!"  I frowned at this and took a lock of my hair.  It was the same length, but now o was blue on the bottom and purple on the top.  I shrugged and smiled.  "I like this color.  Suits me."  Jaelyyn smiled and jumped when an alarm came on.  The speaker came to life with an announcement.  "Warning, two girls have escaped, one with purple and blue hair, and one with bright red hair and pale skin.  If you see them, contain them!" 

          "We'll talk later.  Right now we need to escape."  Jaelynn bobbed her head and raced after her friend.  Alice went through halls, her nose scenting out the way they came.  Finally, they burst through the EXIT door and saw people giving them strange looks.  I was fairly sure it wasn't because we were in hospital gowns.  No not the ones with an opening in the back, the regular ones!