Ch. 10 : Look! Squirrel!

After explaining the event of 'fun' to Tony, we left people to clean and analyze data left by the ship.  I bounced up to Jaelynn.  "Wanna go out?"  I chirped.  JJ grinned.  "Yes!"

I bounced on my feet and dragged JJ out towards the elevator.  "Come'on, let's go!"  Pietro whizzed by me and slipped an arm around my shoulders affectionatly.  "Where are you going?"  He asked curiously.

I dragged him along as well, my strength lending me a hand.  "Park.  Go.  Now.  Crazy.  Fun.  Jittery."  I summed up as we went down the elevator.  He shrugged and went along with us.  JJ looked at Pietro and gave him her best puppy eyes.  Pietro gave a weird look at Jaelynn and chuckled.  "What are you doing?  It looks like a constipated duck."  He concluded snickering.  JJ broke off her look and frowned. "It does?" 

Pietro nodded solemnly.  "I'm afraid it does."  I gasped.  "Show us what it's supposed to look like then!  If hers looks like a constipated duck, then I must look like a squirrell giving birth to an egg!"  I shrieked.  Pietro smirked.  "This is how you do a puppy eye face princess."

JJ and I shrieked

JJ and I shrieked.  "It's too cute!  wE'RE aLL meLTINg oF cUteNES!"  I gasped dramatically.  As luck would have it, the elevator dropped cookies from the ventilation shaft. 

Just kidding! Do elevators have ventilation shafts.  Probably not.  I have to go look at one again.  Wait.  I'm in one.  Nevermind. 

As luck would have it, the elevator door opened to the ground level and I ran as fast as I could to the park to escape from Pietro's adorable evil face of cuteness.  "Run JJ!"  I hollered.  Pietro snickered and leaned agaisnt the wall nonchalantly.  "You can run, but you can't hide.  I'm a lot faster than you anyway."  He drawled. 

I beamed happily.  "So it's hide-and-seek?!  I love that game!  JJ, we're playing hide and seek!"  I shouted happily.  JJ squealed and ran the opposite direction from us.  I turned into my aqua colored smoke and whisked away from Pietro at a happy pace. 

People gaped at me and chattered curiously.  I giggled and flew over to a large tree in the park.  It was an old oak tree with a large hole in the ground just like the one from Alice in Wonderland. I flew down gently and in a poof, turned back into my crazy ol' self.  I grinned widely, my sharp canine teeth poking through slightly.  'What an excellent choice my dear.'  My mother purred.  I purred back and saw a few people give me a crazy look. 

I clambered into the hole and waited.  I conjured up some tea and cookies and nibbled patiently.  Hours past and the sun began to set.  I ws actually comfortable and I was currently playing cards with a squirrel.  Our chips?  Nuts.  And cookies. 

"Hmmm

"Hmmm.  Hit or miss Mr. Squirrel."  I said.  The squirrel scrated his head and chittered consideratly.  Finally it makes a 'hit' motion with hit's paws and I pass a card over.  He looks at his third card and cheers happily.  'He says it is 21.'  Mother says annoyed.  I growled and threw the cards up in a flutter.  "Darn!  How can a squirrel win 27 times in a row.  The squirrel chittered mockingly.  "Fine.  28 times in a row."  The squirrel clicked happily and swiped the peanuts, almonds, and cokie crumbs into a pile behind him. 

I actually discovered that he lived here and I was actually tresspassing.  The thing was, he was bored and he decided to play cards with me.  News travels fast with squirrels and apparently my mother can speak squirrel.  I gathered my cards and made them disappear.  "Good game Nutsy."  I said deafeatdly. 

I poked my head out of the hole and looked around.  The sunset was a beautiful splash of color and I sighed.  "Wht a beautiful sunset."  I said dreamily.  Nusty chattered in aggreement and clambered up to my head to watch the sun set. 

Suddenly, my ears twitched towards my right and Pietro zoomed into view.  "Wow.  I must admit that you are one heck of a hider.  Whose your friend?"  He asked curiously.  I climbed out of the hole and plucked Nutsy out of my hair.  I settled him into my hand and held him towards Pietro.  "Pietro, meet Nutsy.  Nutsy, Pietro."  Nutsy held out his hand ijn a handshake and Pietro shook his hand.  Not without a baffled look. 

JJ came into view puffing.  "Whew.  Too many cookies."  She huffed.  She pulled a hankerchief out of her hat and rubebd the light sheen of sweat off her head  She threw it back in and put the hat back on her head.  "Nice hiding spot.  Ooooh whose that!?"  She looked at Nutsy fascinated. 

"That's Nutsy, the ultimate 21 card game winner."  I explained.  J patted Nutsy soft head.  I let Nutsy go back to his home and he waved a happy goodbye.  Pietro gave JJ a piggyback ride back to the tower while I flew to enjoy the night air.  Whn I got there, Pietro and JJ were waiting for us.  We walked inside laughing and talking.  The Avengers inside started at us crazily.  "Sooo what did you guys do all day?"  Clint asked.

"I shook a squirrel's hand today."

"I played 21 28 times and lost."

"We played hide and seek!"

"I fell in the pond in the park."

"I MADE A CONSTIPATED DUCK FACE!" 

We all looked at JJ, who stared at us back.  "What?"  She asked.  Tony stumbled out of the bar and looked at JJ's face.  "That's it I'm drun'.  Coz that looks like a constipated duck face."  He slurred.  He stumbled to his room and closed the door.

Pietro gave a glance at JJ.  "I told you you looked like a constipated duck."