engineer x time traveler!reader

I have nothing better for the picture than trump memes (if you want more, I have more)

Sorry my hands slipped

Anyways, I've had this idea for a while..... don't kill me for the memes.

----

(Your pov)

Dear journal,                         Mar 1, 1978

I've been with this team for a while now, people are weird back then, people throw piss or it is normal to be covered in honey whilst naked. I miss the year 2392, that was full of good memories. I'm having a blast here as well, campfires, stupid idiots, carnage, it's all fun somehow. One team member on my team, he's-

"Hun, dinner's ready!"

You put your pen and journal down on your bed as you looked at your watch. 7:34. You raced downstairs to beat the others and not get the gross slop at the bottom of the pot. You always had time in your favor, you're a time traveler. The others didn't know though, if they did, you would be executed by your boss.

See, you were part of this business that fixed the past and kept it in order and clean. You've been to the pyramids when they were being built, Atlantis before it fell below the ocean, to the age of dinosaurs, WWII, you name it. You have traveled everywhere, seen the 7 wonders, seen tourist attractions, witnessed events you wish to unsee, but you haven't visited the event of one of your favorite video games.

So here you are, getting dinner with your super secret crush and super secret time travel. You sat down and looked up to see engie still in his workshop. You sighed and grabbed another plate, all that was left was..... ewwwwww. So you decided you'd go somewhere after you gave your plate of -somewhat tastes better than mold- to engie as that goo at the bottom was less appetizing than a full course meal featuring old toe nails and infected urine.

You meandered the halls looking for engies workshop with your plate in hand. Room 11. You stopped at the door and lightly knocked, hearing all activity inside come to a halt.

"Ya need somethin honey bee?"
"I brought you food."

He motioned you in and you sat the plate down on his desk. You watched him continue his work as you doze off into space. Out of the blue, your wrist started to vibrate. "OH NO" was all you could think. You covered your watch with your other hand but it too late, engie was eyeing your peculiar device and grabbed it immediately.

You snapped your wrist away, mustered an apology, and ran off. Leaving behind a very confused engie. You went to your hiding spot out in the forest near by to answer the call your watch was so urgently bugging you about.

"About damn time, what happened?"

You fidgeted with your collar. "I was with another human sir, I'm sorry sir." He eyed you with a questionable glance. "The man I was wi-"

"Hun, why'd ya run off i-WHO IS THAT AND WHY IS HE FLOATING???!!" You looked back at the hologram and pulled a cheesy smile.

"Engie I think it was something in the food, I don't see anything." "Then who were ya talkin to?" You got nervous.

"(Y/n), your field of work had been relieved, gather your belongings and get here now" You frowned. Your life was over, tomorrow, you were going to die for good.

"No can do Mr hologram. Listen here, you're going to explain to me what (y/n) does here for a livin, and you're going to keep her in this job weather you like it or not, or I will find out what this watch really does." That last part drained the color from your face.

"Their job requires them to travel between strings of time and keep the continuum together. And that watch is the space time continuum. It allows you to jump between time and places. Now that you know of this job, you must either let them be executed, or you can work with us and be (y/n)'s partner."

You looked up at engie with hope. "I'll join sir." You sighed out of relief.

And that's how you two became the time traveling duo and how the other mercenaries became confused at your disappearances.

I'm sorry