two

"I'm sorry, but my name has an 'e' on the end. Plus, I didn't go to Colton."

"It's okay, miss," Sian sighed against the telephone crossing one number off of her list. "I'm also sorry for disturbing you."

The other line said it was okay before ending the call. Sian sighed before stretching her arms and leaning back on her seat. She lost count of how many calls she had when she came back after delivering a certain parcel to the company's vice president.

She looked back at the moment where it all started.

"My name is Sian Avenido," she answered Duke's question. She just hopes that her boss doesn't notice how nervous she was facing her boss. Are her heating cheeks obvious? She hopes not or it will be quite embarrassing for her.

This is the first time that she have entered the vice president's office. It was spacious, massive, compared to the room where she works having cubicles lining the room. It feels stuffed, almost. The furniture and design of the interior screams masculinity and power. To be honest, Sian was already intimidated the moment she stepped inside Mr. Duke Zagaya's office.

She have heard the name Duke Lawrence Zagaya roaming around the corridors and hallways of Colton State University. Specifically, between girls who have massive crush on him or who just wants to have a piece of the guy. She didn't care about it. She doesn't get why these girls would fall over a guy. Even if he has millions of riches and a handsome face, he's still a guy. A normal student, like everyone else.

But boy, was she wrong.

The man sitting behind the desk was gorgeous. Some strands of his hair droops down a little bit longer, going below his thick eyebrows. His dark brown eyes were captivating to look at. It draws you in and drown you in those dark orbs. He was slightly biting the corner of his lower lip, showing that he was kind of amused.

She fought her urge to slap herself. She almost ate her words before. A normal student her face! This was the reason many girls flaunt over him. Maybe, she was one of those girls.

"And Ms. Avenido," she snapped from her trance when Duke spoke. He leaned on the table, pressing both of his elbows against the surface of his table, "You are going to help me."

It wasn't a request. It was more of an order. She squinted her eyes and blinked several times. As her mind was still processing the information, she can't help but blurt out, "Excuse me, what?"

Great going, Sian! She nagged at herself. She was still surprised by the fact that Duke, someone who was way, way, out of her league, was asking for her help. Her help. This was all of a sudden, especially after knowing that they were from the same university.

The vice president smiled at her, revealing his dimples, with a sparkle in his eyes but the same time, there was something in those eyes that Sian can't put a finger on. Before she could realize what it was, Duke blinked and it was gone.

Still, the idea was ridiculous. What help could she give him? She was just an employee, slightly having a higher pay than the minimum wage offered, and is still living with her parents! She knows, she could move out but she is still helping her parents. It was her choice, too.

Duke coughed and she shot her eyes back to those dark brown orbs. "Y... Yes, sir?" she asked again.

The man before her just smiled and let out a low chuckle. "You were spacing out, Ms. Avenido." She immediately said sorry and sat up straight.

On the other hand, Duke was looking at this girl with amusement. He was feeling comfortable around this girl, whom he haven't seen or talked to before. He was laid-back and he doesn't question himself why.