eighteen

○°˙˙°○

e i g h t e e n

Duke was staring out the large window of his office, his legs crossed and his fingers tapping against the wooden surface of his table. His thoughts rumbling in every direction in his brain trying to make sense of everything.

He needed answers for all of these questions bugging his system. He wanted to see her wrist to confirm that his mind wasn't playing games with him at that time. To add to that, what was Zero and Sian's relationship? The first time he was supposed to introduce each other, it looked like they already knew each other.

His narrowed his eyes when he realized that there was a huge possibility that the Tyler both of them talked were just one person.

The tapping stopped and he was left staring out at the window, wanting more answers to his questions in mind. He stood up, fixed his polo sleeves as he walked out the door.

"Sir, you're 10:30 meeting is cancelled," Stella stood from her desk beside the doorway. Duke didn't bother to look that way when he nodded and continued to stried over the fire exit.

As he jogged down the steps, he kept on thinking about the connection of Sian and Zero. There were enough inside in him troubling for Madelein, this was added to that weight inside his heart. Why even? He has no answer to it.

"No, Duke, shake it out," he halted to a stop, one of his hands grasipng the metal railing. The cold from the metal passing onto his hands and into his body having that idea. "Zero isn't the father... he could've told us so..." before jumping to walk down the stairs once again.

He ran his hands through his hair, frustrated, somehow scared when he found Sian's cubicle was empty. Her shoulder bag wasn't in the usual place she puts it when she arrives. Here he thought he was finally going to have some answers.

He softly cursed as he felt his head about to burst in emotions. There was enough ideas troubling him that he knew he won't be able to finish his work today because he labeled these thoughts as distractions.

"Oh, Mr. Zagaya," an employee greeted him but he didn't acknowledge her. He raised his arm ready to punch Sian's desk when he stopped himself.

He breathed out before deciding to deal with the person who was staring at him from the opening of the cubicle, "What do you want?"

Duke realized it was the same employee who barged in the cubicle when he was 'talking' to Sian and the one who saw him in the same cubicle when Sian was asleep. Her lilac hair popping from every employee around.

His forehead creased, he guessed that the company allows bold hair colors but that wasn't the matter. "Where..." he hesitated but decided to continue, "Where is Ms. Avenido?"

"Sian? She filed an off because of an emergency I think..." the girl even looked u for a second as if recalling the situation, "Yeah, that's it..."

Duke sighed and clenched his jaw. He thought Sian would come by his office today to tell that to him in person, like what she did in the past. He could've stayed in his office sane, not bothering about other employee's stares as they pass by.

He wasn't dense. He knew there were rumors spreading across multiple departments that he and Sian were already dating. Some even speculate that he was the father of Sian's son, and like his manner in the newspaper, he doesn't want to dip his finger into the issue.

If they only knew what the real deal is between them, they would stop. That's not the case because not everyon in the company must know about his search for someone.