thirteen

~°˙˙°~

t h i r t e e n

The blank white slate of ceiling stared back at Sian. It was past two in the morning and sleep wasn't beside her tonight. It was nowhere near her, actually. Her body was still awake from what happened earlier that day.

She felt a set of electricity still flowing inside her body that shoos her sleepiness away. Her fingers automatically reach out to her lips and rubbed them.

After three years, Duke's lips came in contact with hers once more. His soft cherry-colored lips that she truly missed. It was just a simple kiss but the memories kept rushing back inside her thoughts and that's what keeping her awake.

It was the party where Duke invited her. They didn't go together because he had his friends to accompany him there. As the usual, she wore the mask that hides the bottom part of her face.

The moment she walked in, some stared at her. Maybe because of her tacky plain printed shirt and fitted jeans or maybe because of the mask she wore. She shrugged the stares right off and stepped inside.

The heat from the bodies of the students who were there welcomed her as she tried to wander around the perimeter looking for Duke. Huge speakers were placed at certain parts of the house making her heart thump with the beat.

Her eyes continued to wander around the space until she saw someone approaching her. She gulped as she faced Duke, who was breathing heavily beside her.

"Are you drunk?" she asked but it looked like it all turned into muffling sounds when Duke didn't answer her questions.

Given, his eyes were already gloomy and hooded at that time. Sian guessed that he arrived earlier than she did and had a couple of shots.

Without any warning, she felt his hand wrapped around her arm and dragged her through the maze of the people. Both of them found their way to the stairs and into an empty room.

It wasn't lit but the glow of the moon was peaking through the thin curtain, enough for Sian to outline the room.

Duke's hands held out to her face, on the back of her ears, until she felt his fingers tugging the bands off of it. "No..." she whispered but he already had the hold of her mask.

She took a step back, afraid that he will would see her face but her knees almost gave up when his palm warmed her cheeks.

It was like the kiss earlier: soft and light. The tingles went from her spine down to her knees, weakening the joint. She almost fell but instead leaned into his hold when his hands held her waist.

Then everything went in a blur. The kiss deepened, her mind clouded and let all things flow into its place. Her hands flew to his nape and ruffled his hair as they blindly walk to the bed, toppling on it, Duke on top of her.

The memory of waking up the next morning at four: clothes on the floor, sheets against her skin, lips swollen from the night before and Duke sleeping beside her, naked as she was. She chewed her lip as she ran her hands through his thick set of hair.

She didn't forget how she gently got out of the bed and wore her clothes, careful not to make a creak in the room. The sun wasn't rising still but she saw her face mask lying on the floor and immediately grabbed it.

With one last glance at the boy, she turned to the door, turned the lock and closed it. She was afraid that someone would see Duke naked in his glory after she left. She was making sure...