nine

before anything else...
i deleted the previous ninth chapter
bcos i wasn't happy with what happened
in that chapter. it was confusing
on duke's part when i read it. so
here's the new ninth chapter :>

~°˙˙°~
n i n e

Duke was sitting on the leather sofa in Zero's unit. He was left alone there while his two friends were buying drinks and snacks on a convinient store nearby.

It was a Sunday night when Titus just barged into Zero's condo then calling him so that they could hang out for the night. He could even hear Zero whining from the call.

The moment he arrived, both of his friends suddenly informed him that they were going out to buy the booze and here he was: alone.

It wasn't a surprise that those two men just went out and left him behind. He was relieved, in fact, that he could think clearly without the noise from either Zero or Titus inside the space.

Few minutes later, judging from the high pitched voice coming from the other side of the door yelling 'I will buy you that chocolate next time, okay!' he knew that both of his friends were back.

The door flew open and Titus walked in first. Duke could see that he was carrying beer cans in those plastic bags in both of his hands while a pouting Zero followed holding the same plastic bag, only this time, it was filled with food.

Both laid the plastic bags down on the coffee table surrounded by the leather sofas. Titus plopped down on the couch opposite to Duke's already exhausted from the trip.

"You looked so tired," Duke pointed out, grinning. He pulled out one can of beer and popped the top open.

Titus leaned on the coffee table, too and grabbed one as well. "I never thought Zero would be a baby just for a chocolate."

"It wasn't just a chocolate!" Zero butted in slumping on the space beside Titus who just rolled his eyes and sipped the beer, "It was Ferrero and I want it!"

Duke just shook his head when he heard the reason Zero was beig whiny at Titus. He rested his back on the couch and drank his beer, quietly thanking both of his friends that he didn't have to suffer from his friend's whining.

The three of them continued to drink from the can of beer that they had. Duke and Titus would hear occassional whispers from Zero, still mumbling about the chocolate that he didn't have.

"Duke," Titus called him while munching some chips in his mouth, "Just want you to know that maybe, Madelein was in our area."

"I saw the pictures you sent," he said settling the can on the coffee table, picking up a potato chip from inside the pack, "and yes, I'm positive she's in your area."

Zero glanced at Titus while biting a chip in between his lips. He nudged his elbow on Titus' when Duke stared off into space. Titus just glared at him and shook him off.

"Be honest with me," Duke sighed and brought the can of the booze against his lips once again and chugged the rest of the contents in one go.

The two males on the opposite seat looked up at him, both of their hearts thumping, waiting for Duke to continue his sentence.

"Will she able to forgive me when we see each other again?" he continued before opening another can and gulping almost half of the contents.

Zero and Titus breathed out at the same time when they heard the rest of what Duke had to say. They just watched as their friend gulped down his second can of beer.