Chapter 4

Chapter 4
I was in my room packing when i heard the front door open. "Hello?" I heard a familiar voice yell from the front door.

I went running. It was Logan. I jumped in his arms.

"Your here." I said.

"yup. I'm here." He said kissing me. "Where's your mom?"

"Luke's. They got back together this morning."

"Gotcha." We head towards my room. "How's the packing going?"

"Okay. Mom helped for a while but i got frustrated with her cause she didn't like my system."

"you do like your system."

"its efficient."

Logan takes his jacket off and lays it in the chair. "how can i help?"

"the books."I said.

Three hours later we have my room completely packed. Logan and i were stretched out on the couch watching a movie when we heard a car door. "That'll be mom." I said.

The front door opens and mom walks in. "hey kid. hi Logan." she says walking in and sits in the chair. she has a to-go box in her hand.

"what ya got there?" i ask.

She hands it to me. "Luke said congrats."

I open the box. i look at Logan. "Brownies" i say grabbing one and eating it.

"How's the packing going?" Mom asked.

"We're done." Logan tells her.

"For the day?"

"Nope. everything is packed." i tell her giving Logan a brownie.

"That didn't take long."

"Logan knows my system"

"Well i have helped you move three times." He says.

"That's true." Mom, Logan and I sit and watch tv for a while before going to bed.

The next morning when I wake up Logan is still asleep so I leave him. Mom is already gone to work. I decide to go tell Lane about the engagement.

"Your getting married!" She says.

"Yeah it happened really fast but I'm happy." I say.

"I'm really happy for you."

When I got back to the house Mom and Logan were sitting in the kitchen. They were actually smiling. This didn't happen often. I grabbed my laptop to check my email and I joined them. Logan fixed me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks" I said as i opened my email. "Oh my god!"

"What!" They both said.

"Its from the San Francisco Times. They're offering me a job with my own column."

"That's great hun!" Mom said.

"That's awesome." Logan said. Logan's phone rings and he walks into the living room to answer.

"Mom I have to tell you something." Mom turned and looked at me. "Logan and i are having dinner with Dad and Francine tonight."

She sits down. "Oh."

"I wanted to tell you this morning but you had already left for you mad?"

"Kid listen to me. She's your grandmother. do i trust her? No never have. but...that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to have a relationship with her. And I mean its your Dad."