Chapter 13

Chapter 13
Rory POV
After talking to Finn I decided to go home. When I got home, there was no sign of Logan. I hoped that he was okay and that if he was drunk he was sleeping it off somewhere that wasn't going to cause trouble. I had hoped that he would call me the following morning. I decided to take a shower and then head to bed.

Then next morning when I woke up there was no sign that Logan had been home. I got up and went to make coffee. As I started the coffee, I heard the front door open. I walked toward the living room to see who it was. There were a few people that had a key to our apartment (Me, Logan, Colin, Finn, Stephanie, Honor, and Mom.) When I got to the living room, I saw that it was Logan. "Hi." I said.

"Hi." Logan said as he shut the front door behind him. He laid his jacket across the back of the couch. "I'm sorry. I was a jackass last night." He said.

"It's okay, I'm used to it." I said. "I was worried about you. You didn't come home last night."

"I know. I was in Hartford so I stayed at the house." I nodded. I walked back to the kitchen. "I talked to your Dad last night." I immediately stopped in the doorway of the kitchen and turned around. "Before you say anything, I understand why you want the pre-nup. I'm not happy about it...but I understand." I nodded. "Ror, I realized last night that I'm famous in Hartford and New York because of my name but you....once people realize who you are, your going to be famous because how much your worth."

"I'm only going to be famous because I'll be married to you."

Logan shook his head. "That's not true. Your worth more than I am." I let out a sigh. "But...that's beside the point. I know what they say about me and about my Dad in Hartford. I just want you to know that I understand."

"Thank you." I looked at the clock. "I have to get ready. Steph's going to be here soon."

Logan nodded. "You guys have plans today?" He asked.

"Yeah. We're going to get our nails done. And then lunch. I don't know what else...knowing Steph probably some shopping. Need anything?"

Logan walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "I'm good. Don't forget to go pick up our rings. Their supposed to be ready today." I nodded.

LOGAN POV
A little while later, I was sitting at my desk staring out the window. Rory and I were getting married in a few days and I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that everything was going to fall apart. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard at knock at my door. I looked up and saw my Dad standing there. "Hi." Hey said. "You busy?"

"Not really. Got a few things on my mind." I told him. Dad nodded. "Did you need something?"

He walked in and took a seat across from me. "I got a call from my private investigator." I nodded. This wasn't unusual. "Did you know that Rory has been seen around Hartford with Francine Hayden? Do you know how long your mother has been trying to get on Francine's good side?"

"I did." I said as I sat up in my chair. "Dad, there's something that you need to know."

"Go on."

"Francine Hayden is Rory's Grandmother on her father's side."

My dad sat completely straight in his chair. "Are you telling me that Rory is a double heiress?" I nodded. "How could you not tell me this sooner?"

"Because Rory wanted you to get to know her as a person...not for her money and title." I told him. "Dad, Rory already thought that you and Mom hated her. If I had told you that Rory was worth more than our entire family....you would have looked at her differently."