Chapter 6

Chapter 6: 6 months later...
RORY POV

Logan and I have been settled into our home in Palo Alto, California for 6 months now. I love it out here. It is completely different than Connecticut. Things have been a work in progress as far as the wedding plans. Shira screwed up the invitations for the engagement party. I had to get Mom to go over there and yell at her for her to get them right. Our wedding colors are Yale colors. Blue and Silver. I remember the conversation with Shira about it like it was yesterday.

***FLASHBACK...5 MONTHS AGO...***
"Why would you pick blue and silver?" Shira asked me.

"Because they are Yale colors and Rory and I met at Yale." Logan told her.

"Logan dear, I know that but I just don't understand why you would want those colors."

"I told you Mom, it's Rory's choice. Now drop it."

"Fine, fine...blue and silver it is."

***FLASHBACK ENDS***

That was a full circle conversation that never seemed to want to end. I was grateful when we got to leave that day. During the last five months, I have met members of Logan's family that I would much rather stay far far away from. The engagement party was horrendous. My parents got drunk and then I found them making out in a closet. Their divorced! Then on top of that Shira got drunk and decided to make a scene in front of Grandma Francine. Grandma (Francine) told her that if she didn't straighten her act up that she would cause a scene in front of the Huntzberger family and that the society wedding of the year would not happen. Needless to say, Shira is quite terrified of Grandma (Francine). A month after the engagement party, I received a letter from a girl with a New Haven address telling me that she was pregnant with Logan's child. I didn't know what to think of this so I called the only person that I thought that I could trust with this information. FINN. (During Logan's time in London, Finn and I became really good friends as well as drinking buddies.) When I told Finn about the letter he told me that it was quite possible that this letter could have some truth to it. I wasn't sure how to process it, so I did the first thing that came to mind. I took a vacation. I told my boss that I was stressed from the wedding planning and that I needed a few days off. He completely understood and told me to take a week. I decided to go to London. I hadn't been there since the Christmas that I visited Logan. A lot of things were running through my mind, and at this moment I wasn't sure if I still wanted to even marry Logan. Things were changing and he was changing. Just that morning, Logan had informed me that his company was merging with HPG. He was pissed and so was I. It meant a move back to New York. Mitchum had offered Logan a position heading up the digital media division of HPG. Logan said that Mitchum had something for me as well but he didn't know what.

When I got off the plane at Heathrow Airport, I had 10 voicemails from Logan wanting to know what was going on and why I left. I had 1 from Finn wanting to know if I was okay. And then finally one from Mom just checking in. I knew that Logan wouldn't be stupid enough to call her unless there was something to worry about and there wasn't anything to worry about...yet.

I quickly found a hotel and used my credit card that Logan didn't know anything about. I went up to my room to get settled. I finally sat down on the balcony with a cup of coffee and decided to call Finn first. "Hey you okay?" He said when he answered.

"I'm not even sure anymore, Finn. Everything is changing. Nothing is like it is supposed to be."

"I know. Logan called me and told me about the merger. What are you thinking?" He said.

"Honestly? I don't know if I can marry Logan, knowing that we're going back to New York. I don't know if I can handle the spotlight." I told him.

"Rory, you have to do what you think is best. Don't worry about what anybody else thinks or what you think that they will say." Finn told me.

"Thanks Finn." I said and we hung up. It took me a few minutes before I called Logan. I was scared about what he was going say when I told him how I was feeling about everything.

"Ace. WHERE ARE YOU?" He answered calm but then he yelled.

"Logan, calm down. I'm fine." I told him.

"Okay, then tell me where you are and I will come get you or I'll get Dad to send the jet."

"Logan, I need some time."

"What do you mean you need some time?"

"I mean that my head is really fuzzy right now and I need some time to think." I told him while I took a drink of my coffee.

"Rory, what happened?"

"What happened, is that a letter came to the house last week from a girl in New Haven saying that she's pregnant with your kid. Then when we found out that we have to move back to New York I started thinking about the spotlight. We'll be getting sucked back into Hartford Society...and I don't know Logan. I don't know how I feel about that." I told Logan, hoping that he would understand that I just needed some time to think.

"Baby, I get it. I do. I hate the fact that my father will do anything that he can to have me under his rule. And the thing that sucks the most is that I hate that we have to go back. I love our life in California. It was supposed to be a fresh start for us. A place where no one knew us from Hartford society, Yale, Chilton, or any of the Prep schools that I got kicked out of. There's only one other person that I know within my family that ever did that...and that was my cousin. Take the time that you need. I love you too much to risk losing you. And as far as the girl...don't worry I'll take care of it. Where is the letter?"

"In my sock drawer...in the back." I told him. Logan was right...it did suck and it was Mitchum's fault. "Hey Logan?"

"Yeah, babe?"

"I love you. No matter what, remember that I love you."

"I love you too."

LOGAN POV
When I hung up the phone with Rory, I decided to call my cousin. He had always been great at giving me advice when it came to women, not to mention the fact that he's Rory's age. "Hello?" he said when he answered.

"Hey man, its Logan."

"Oh hey what's up."

"I'm not entirely sure what is going on, but Rory's head is all messed up and she's not sure if she still wants to marry me."

"Dude that sucks. What are you going to do?"

"She says that she needs time to think. My dad bought the company that I'm working for. I'm moving back to New York. Rory doesn't want to be back in the spotlight."

"Well I mean, kind of understandable. Didn't you tell me that she's from society but didn't grow up in society?" Tristan asked me.

"Yeah, but I mean she knew that it came with the territory of being with me."

"Dude, you know who you sound like right now?"

"Who?"

"You sound like Uncle Mitch."

"DuGrey, your an ass." I said and hung up.

A/N: OH MAN!!! TRISTAN DUGREY IS THE COUSIN OF LOGAN HUNTZBERGER. WHO'DA THUNK? oK SO LETS PROCESS THIS....
1. LOGAN HAS A POSSIBLE BABY MAMA
2. RORY IS IN LONDON, TRYING TO DECIDE IF SHE STILL WANTS TO MARRY LOGAN
3. TRISTAN'S GOT A SECRET OF HIS OWN....

NEXT CHAPTER...RORY CALLS HER DAD FOR HELP AND ADVICE.