Chapter 7

Chapter 7
RORY POV
The next morning, I woke up feeling like nothing had been figured out. I told Logan how I felt and he agreed to give me time...but how long would that last? How long would it be before he started handing ultimatums? I called room service and ordered some coffee. I poured myself a cup of coffee and decided to sit on the balcony for a while. I took in the view. For once it was actually a nice day in London. I sat out on the balcony and enjoyed the view for a while. I decided to call my Dad. I dialed his number and waited for him to answer. "Hey kid."

"Hey Dad, you busy?"

"No, just put Gigi to bed."

"Right. Time difference."

"Where are you? You sound like your Mom when she hasn't had her first cup of coffee for the day." Dad said.

"I'm in London. Needed a vacation." I told him.

"Everything okay, kid? Something on your mind?"

"Logan's dad bought the company that he works for. We're moving back to New York."

"Wow...kid that's...how are you feeling about that?"

"I don't really know Dad. I mean, California was supposed to be a fresh start for both of us. I mean yeah they knew who Logan was because of his Dad, and the paper knew of me from the Yale Daily News. But they didn't know about us from Hartford society. It meant that we weren't going to have to attend society functions every weekend because we were expected to be there."

"I know kid. So what? Now your not sure if you still want to marry Logan?"

"Exactly. Dad, I don't know if I can handle that spotlight."

My Dad was quiet for a moment before he said anything else. "Kid, why don't you meet me at the house in Cape Cod this weekend. I text you the address. There's something that I want to show you."

"Okay dad. So Friday night?"

"Friday night."

Christopher POV
After I hung up the phone with Rory, I knew what I had to do. I texted her the address and told her that I would have a rental car waiting for her at the airport. Rory was a smart kid. She always had been. I just had to help her realize deep down what she wanted...and I knew just how to do that. I called Sherry's parents and they agreed to keep Gigi til Monday so that I could help Rory. The next morning, I dropped Gigi off at daycare and started the drive to Cape Cod. It had been years since I had been to my parent's house in Cape Cod. My mother didn't go very often since my father had died. Too many memories, I suppose. I was hoping that everything that I was looking for would be right where it had been left. I called Lorelai to tell her that Rory was okay. I also told her about Cape Cod. She asked if she should be worried and I told her not yet.

Lorelai had never been a fan of Logan, so I could understand why Rory didn't go to Lorelai for help. It made perfect sense. I think that part of Rory knew that if she came to me that I would help her remember why she agreed to marry Logan...but in a way I had another idea in mind. When I got to the Cape Cod house, I began opening windows so that the house could air out. The only thing left now was to wait for Rory.

LOGAN POV
I wasn't sure what to do anymore. Rory said that she needed time to think about everything. I understood that. I understood that I had put her through hell. And now there was this girl that was claiming to be pregnant with my child. I hadn't been with anyone except Rory since I had been back from London. I had noticed though that Rory and Finn had gotten closer. Finn was always on the phone with someone and he would never tell me who it was. Colin and I were sitting in a booth at the diner, Finn was standing outside on the phone yet again. "What's going on with him?" I asked Colin.