❰❰1❱❱

If Natsu had one word to describe the start of summer vacation, the only word that could fit FTA's summer vacation day is "scary". If you weren't paying attention to what you were doing, you'd be trampled in a second under students. Luckily, Natsu had a plan.

He went through his homeroom teacher's window. 

Okay, maybe it wasn't the most rule-following plan, but it was better than being in a wave of sweaty students. 

He slipped out of the school and landed on the sidewalk that led to the bus line and the crosswalk. Deciding to not be on a bus that will be just like the experience of leaving the school, he turned to the crosswalk and ran across. 

"Aye, it's the start of Summer vacation, ain't it sweet to taste freedom for a change?" Gray greeted with a slap of Natsu's back and a draped arm. 

"It's sweeter than cooked pineapple." Natsu joked. Gray laughed and took in a breath as if the air was sweet. "Are you coming to the party I announced last Friday?" Gray asked. Natsu made a sour face and answered, "You know I don't like parties." 

"C'mon bro, maybe you can meet someone like Lucy again and it'll turn out right!" 

Natsu tensed as the name rang through his ears. He hadn't heard that name come out of someone's mouth since Gray had asked about what he was going to do. 

Gray immediately seemed to know that he didn't taste his words right before spitting them out and apologized. 

"Sorry man, I forgot." Natsu shrugged.

"I might as well get used to her name." He knew those words were a lie. Every time he heard her name, his stomach did a twist and his heart stopped and a small, sharp pain would shoot through his body. There was no way in hell he would get used to her name, nevertheless smelling something that reminded him of her.

"Anyway, if you're not coming, wanna hang for a bit in the woods down there?" Gray asked. Natsu furrowed his eyebrows and whipped his head to Gray.

"Why the woods?"

"Can a guy not be drawn to the woods?" 

"It makes you sound like you're going to murder me. That was so random too."

Gray grumbled and pulled out a cigarette, earning a brightened face from Natsu. He handed the tobacco stick to Natsu and his lighter.

Both boys smoked as they walked, and Gray talked about how he had met a girl named Juvia. Natsu, feeling a yearning for a wrestle, teased Gray to death about Juvia until they had gotten into a fist fight and spit out their cigarettes, brawling like good 'ole friends.

"Dammit Natsu! My phone!" Gray screamed. Natsu snickered as he hung Gray's phone in the air and waited for Gray to stand up and try to tackle him. As soon as he lunged forward, Natsu took off into the woods without thinking and weaved through endless trees and fallen branches. After he started to feel pain and the taste of copper fill his mouth with every breath, Natsu took a break. He was bent over and wheezing, holding Gray's phone in his hand, and groaned. He hated running through woods.

Natsu then stood up and looked around him for Gray before his heart stopped.

He couldn't breathe as his eyes landed on her. His muscles seemed to stiffen and shake and he widened his eyes.

Oh no.

So, how's it for the first chapter?

I love that I had gotten so much support on my book HTCAG, I can't tell you how happy I am. I'm just gonna.. Yeah.. Just a virtual hug. Der we go <//3 Love you all!!!!!