❰❰13❱❱

"Acnologia."

Natsu heard her say that name when she opened the door to see him. He wondered why she cared for him, or not.

"What about her?"

"Him."

"Oh," Natsu said in slight surprise. He waved his hand, brushing off the gender topic. "Okay, tell me what's wrong." Anna sighed and shifted her weight to rest her head on her knuckles, her legs moving to cross one over the other.

"Acnologia is a neighbor that lives a few miles away, he's been coming to my door every day and telling me that he wants to give me something. I used to be a teacher at a school and he was my student, a quite well-behaved one in fact," Anna smiled down at her hands, probably thinking of memories of being a teacher.

"I don't know what happened, but one day he came to school and like a switch, he became almost pure evil. I tried to knock some sense into him ever since and try to figure out what the hell happened to that boy, but he never changed, nor tell me what was wrong. I hadn't seen him in years until now. I want to help him still, but... He still seems violent. Too violent for a woman like me to handle it--"

"Say no more!" Natsu smiled and leaped out of his chair. Knocking some sense into someone? As easy as reading a picture book. It'll be just like Gray. Anna glared at Natsu and scolded, "No. Sit your ass down boy and listen! Acnologia is not normal. You have to be careful," Her words made Natsu gulp in nervousness. Maybe it wasn't as easy as reading a picture book, but as hard as staying awake in History class.

"Plus, I need to know what your problem is that I can help with." Anna folded her arms and waited for Natsu to sit and tell her, which he did. 

"You already know the problem, I need to mend the 'bond' that your family and my family had broken." Anna almost choked on her own spit as she cackled, "What 'bond' did the Dragneels and the Heartfilias ever have? It was practically destined for us to have hatred towards each other."

"And destiny can be changed, Anna. I will be the destiny to bring us together. It's just like a kingdom. You rule one side, my parents rule the other, it's a fucking benefit for me to marry Lucy into my family." Anna stopped laughing and sat quietly in her chair, thinking, pondering. Natsu hoped to God that 1: She wouldn't disagree and 2: Wouldn't beat his ass with a meter stick for cussing. 

"Well," Anna started. Natsu scrambled to sit up in his seat and listened carefully.

"You have a point, Dragneel. But how do you think I could help? I'm not even the ruler of the so-called 'kingdom' anymore. Lucy's father and mother are."

"Okay, but you are the wisest, and who in their right mind would deny a wise person's words?"

"Socrates."

"What, who? Nevermind! You know what I mean though!" Natsu angrily sighed. "I will help you, but first..."

Natsu yet again sat up in his chair ready to listen.

"You have to do my part, and get Lucy to fall back in love with you without my help." 

Natsu smirked and narrowed his eyes. He already had a plan, and it was Lily.

"Deal."