❮❮18❯❯

Natsu had decided to get double help about his situation by bringing Etza with him to Anna's house. He knew very well that Anna would hate seeing that Natsu got no progress done with this Acnologia man, but he also knew that she and Erza would become close.

"Where are we?" Erza asked, taking in the country-like view.

"Anna's house. I told you I needed help." Erza looked puzzled still but didn't ask any other questions. Natsu stepped up the worn stairs leading up to Anna's door and knocked four times.

"I swear to god if it's either Natsu or Acnologia I am going to lose my mind." Natsu heard Anna screech. She swung the door open just as Natsu grabbed Erza and hid behind her.

Anna stared at Erza with confusion and no hostility at all.

"Um, hello Ms....."

"Heartfilia." Natsu hissed. Erza gaped and turned around to look at Natsu and whispered back, "This is her grandmother?!"

"Ahem. If you're here to only waste my time then I'm ready for you guys to leave."

Natsu groaned and stepped back in front of Erza. 

"No, I am not here-- We are not here to waste your time. Please, can we come in?" 

"No. I have not seen or heard of the progress of you talking to Acnologia, so I'm not willing to help you." Anna started to close her front door before Natsu pulled it back again, the sudden pull making Anna stumble forward. "I-I'm sorry. Uh. Please, I haven't had a plan to talk to Acnologia. I thought it was you help me and then I help you--"

"At the same time," Anna grumbled, "I need you to get his ass as fast as possible. I don't care if you involve the police." Natsu could have sworn that he heard Anna's voice crack as if she were on the verge of tears, but her face expression yelled: "I don't cry." 

"Ma'am, I understand that you need to get rid of Acnologia, but Natsu and I need you to let us in so we can worry about matters with your... Granddaughter." Erza tried to calm Anna down, which worked as Anna widened the space in the door with a stern face. "Fine." 

Natsu and Erza stepped in, and Natsu this time wasn't as appalled as Erza, who stared at the crisp, clean area. "Stop gaping, I know my abode is different on the inside than the outside. It's a metaphor for beauty is on the inside." Anna calmly explained without question. Natsu was 99.9% sure that Erza's mature and motherly aura caused Anna to be less hissy towards "kids". 

Anna showed them to the exact same spot that Natsu and Lucy had the last chat with her, and Erza sat down as if the plump chair she sat in was made of glass. Anna sat adjacent to Erza and across from Natsu, legs crossed and hands folded together on her skirt.

"Alright, what'd you do to Lucy this time?"