❰❰24❱❱

Natsu's breath caught in his throat. What did this mean? She's not forgiving him or is she done because he made it? He didn't speak, but he knew that his heart was stopping, slowly beating less and less. Keep your head up. He whispered in his mind. Lucy didn't say anything for the longest time but then spoke.

"I was talking to my father today," She mumbled. Natsu could hardly hear her, making him lean forward a little. "I'm not one to usually confront him since he's a hard-headed man who doesn't think much about opinions." Natsu tried to act like a million thoughts weren't going through his head and chuckled at her statement. "I think you probably know how the Heartfilia and Dragneel companies clash, but I talked to him." Natsu's heart sparked and he sat up like Lucy had when he mentioned Lily. "I told him that I should be able to make decisions that make me happy, and I should know what is good for my family." It seemed like forever for her to give him an answer, but she concluded it quickly. "I don't know how you did it, Dragneel, but you got me." Lucy smiled. Natsu's heart thumped loudly, his blood hastening through his veins. "So--" 

"Yes, Natsu. I love you." Natsu's lips curved into an almost creepy yet happy smile and couldn't take it anymore. He waited so long and this is his reward, he deserved it. In a split second, he was leaning over the driver's seat and into the passenger's, his lips pressed into the pomegranate taste of Lucy's and his heart fluttered. He didn't know what love felt like, but he was sure it was this. It wasn't the suffering of Lily's presence, it wasn't the watching of Dan kissing Lucy, it was this. This moment. He didn't care if it wasn't romantic, he didn't need any shit to sugarcoat this already blissful moment. The reunion of their lips seemed so unreal and so dreamy as they moved with each other, matching every gasp of small breaths and leaning. He missed her so much. He missed her more than he missed his innocence. Maybe he could have gotten her in the first place by not being wrapped up in the competitiveness and determination to prove Gray wrong, but when he thought about it, he learned so much and met people he would rather not meet but still accepted anyway, and it made his taking of Lucy sweeter than the first time. Lucy pulled away, eyes still closed, but smiled. Natsu waited for her response, but nothing came. She sat there with closed eyes and a pursed-lip smile. You're beautiful. He wanted to say, but he knew he was being cheesy enough. Lucy burst into giggly cries and leaned against Natsu's arm, grabbing tightly. "It's so crazy, we haven't even been through a lot together but I feel so close. I guess it's the thought of being apart." Natsu took his hand and pushed her hair behind her ear to see her wide smile. "I need it again." She quietly murmured before looking up and surprising Natsu with another kiss. Again, the sensation of true beauty and unrealness zipped through him like a bullet. He forgot about so many hard times, so many so-called "heartbreaks" in school. This is what he wanted without even knowing it. 

And he loved it.