❰❰7❱❱

Natsu woke up to the smell of summer, which was bacon. As soon as he smelled the salty aroma, he jumped out of bed and flung downstairs to see his father Igneel and his sister.

"Smelled the bacon." Was all Natsu said to confirm his energeic entrance, making Igneek chuckle and hand a paper plate stacked with 4 pieces of bacon and a chocolate frosted doughnut. Seriously not the most healthy breakfast, but it was sure delicious. And Natsu takes deliciousness over healthiness anytime.

Igneel stood leaning over the counter across from Natsu who sat on a bar stool on the counter and wolfed down his breakfast, not even thinking about saying thank you.

"Natsu," Igneel said, catching Natsu's attention. He looked up and wiped his mouth of grease. "I heard something about a Lucy from your sister?" Natsu looked Wendy's way who was looking down and trying to avert her attention to her food she played with.

"Y-yeah. What about her?"

"Is she a Heartfilia?" Igneel asked, his voice making Natsu's insides shake. "N--yes sir." Natsu was getting ready for impact, as he had heard from his earlier years that Igneel had a bad run-in with Anna Heartfilia. Wait, wasn't Lucy's grandmother named Anna?

Oh shit.

Natsu gulped as he consciously heard the name over and over again. How did he never notice this? It made so much more sense now of why she hated him so much.

"Is she a blonde?" Igneel asked, even more curious than before.

"Uh uh. Y-yeah." Natsu replied, starting to lose his appetite. But Igneel surprised him with a smile.

"That's my boy! mending problems with dating the enemy's daughter!" He engulfed Natsu in a hug and rubbed his fist on his head.

"OW! Okay okay, stop!" Natsu pushed his dad away and fixed his hair, which didn't make a difference since his hair was always sticking out of his head like spikes. Then he looked at his dad. He wasn't joking, or lying. Natsu kind of felt proud now, knowing that he made his dad proud of him. A smile slowing crept onto his face and he turned bashful.

"Thanks Dad."

"Now go enjoy your first day of summer." Igneel smiled back. He hardly saw his dad smile, and it was a great start to the first day of summer.

Right after Natsu walked out his front door, his phone rang the ringtone indicating Gray was calling. He waited a few seconds before grabbing the phone and answering.

"Hn?" Natsu answered. Gray huffed and replied, "The least you can do is say 'Hello', man." Natsu smirked.

"Anyway, don't forget about Lily." Natsu's face went from smirking a deep frown. And just when the day was going well.

"Gray, no. Erza thinks it's a bad idea. And I think I should listen to her." He heard Gray sigh through the phone and he knew that what was coming for him was a fight.

"Since when did Erza get dragged into this? This isn't something for Erza to fix for us! We're big boys, we have our rights! You practically live by the quote 'yolo'." Natsu bit his finger nails in frustration and anger as Gray's words sunk into his brain. Why were they both getting to him? Why were they so persuasive? Natsu took a deep breath an finally answered.

Heyo! So I've been feeling oddly happy for the past few days and I am just feelin dandy af!!! And I've gotten over my anxiety of school and UGH so much rainbows and unicorns going on in my life! My ex and I started talking again for the first time in awhile ;3 anywho, thanks for reading this really long author's note and plez give me ideas on what I should do to celebrate 8k on my HTCAG! I take all opinions!! (The picture above is something I drew :D u like?)