Final Chapter

Natsu didn't expect his last year of school to be any different than the rest, and he had only one word to describe his summer so far: chaotic. He loved it though, he remembered his last summer was spent with video games and smoking with his friends, a girl he now doesn't remember by his side. Those were fun, but not new. Lucy made him realize so many things. 1: he wasn't having fun jumping from girl to girl and making a game out of it. 2: although he hated to admit it, he cried. A lot. He was a big baby through all of what went down and avoided everything he possibly could. 2: you can't take down every old man, you can with words though. 3: sure, mama bears are scary, but grandmother bears are worse. And lastly, 4. Probably the most important to him, and it was that he was living life on auto-pilot, or at least, he was being driven by society's stereotypes. He remembered what seemed like years ago what Lucy screamed. It rang through his head ever since. "All you popular boys who think it's a game to date someone and think you rule this high school need to go see a therapist because it won't matter in college who you got pregnant or who you were. Why do you people do these things? There's no use behind it!" She was beyond right, he can't remember how he got popular, why he stayed popular, and who he even dated most of his high school years. He felt like he grew 30 years older with him thinking about it. Lucy was a wise girl, and that's what he admired about her.

Do you ever feel like sometimes things just fall into place without you doing much? That's what it felt like for Natsu because so many things turned out how he wanted it to. He didn't know how Erza did it, but Acnologia and Anna were together. They still bickered, obviously, since both were hard-headed, but they seemed to be like Lucy and him in a way. Gray and Juvia actually went overboard and actually started living with each other in an apartment. Natsu laughed at the image of Gray being a husband, but it seemed that path was what he was going down. Lily and Dan... Well, they are an interesting couple that's for sure. They work perfectly, but they found a hobby in trying to make their exes jealous. Soon enough they left Natsu and Lucy alone after they ignored them, and Dan treated Lily like a princess, that was for sure. Also, the Dragneel and Heartfilia companies both seemed to agree on meeting up with each other. Natsu and Lucy both bit their fingernails to the bone in worry that something would go wrong. To both their luck, the two families shook hands and gave hugs with no argument, except for golf celebrities between Igneel and Jude. After the meet-up, Natsu itched to have Lucy alone. He led Lucy outside of the fancy restaurant where the families met and sat on the curb of the parking lot. Lucy unwrapped a dum-dum sucker that she took from the bowl of candy inside and popped it in her mouth as Natsu watched her. "Gross is that mango flavor?" Lucy gaped with the sucker in her mouth and huffed, "Yes, thank you very much. Mango is sweet unlike your blue raspberry sourness." Natsu pinched his face in a playful manner and took out his sucker to pop in his mouth. They both insulted each other about their sucker flavors before it came to a stop when Lucy pointed at the sky. "Look, Pisces." Natsu leaned back and looked up to where she was pointing and saw the faint constellation. "How do you know?" Natsu asked. He only knew Leo the Lion, that one was easy, but the rest slipped his mind. Lucy tried and failed to explain how she knew, she concluded with a "You'll get it sooner or later" before resting her head on his lap and intertwining her hand with Natsu's. He knew he was lucky. I mean, you don't meet a nerdy girl like Lucy everyday that forgives you for being an asshole, so that made him beyond lucky. Lucy was so kind-hearted, it made him wonder how he got her. He didn't feel like overthinking it, so instead he took his other hand and stroked her soft, golden hair. He smiled, laughing at himself about the days he wanted to do this but felt weird. He promised to never let go, not like Rose did with Jack.

He was going to hold onto her until death do them part.

ahhh omg i hope you guys don't think it's too rushed! i'm always one to rush through things i'm so sorry ><; anyway... i really enjoyed this cliche storyline and it really helped me improve on my writing and creativity with words. i need to start working on my procrastination though haha. anywayyyy i love you all so so much and now that i've finished the sequel, i have to work on my next piece called Cupid!! If you weren't around for the preview, then i'll give you the summary of the book 🤗

Lucy was created by unknown forces to be the next generation of Cupid. An intelligent, quicker, better, updated Cupid. And she was happy with being a girl with 11 foot wing span wings and a golden celestial bow and arrow who made earthlings fall in love.

But everybody has a glitch in their system, and hers was she was in love with someone whom she had to shoot.