❰❰12❱❱

"You are not seeing my grandmother again." Lucy declined through the phone. Natsu ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath, ready to explain.

"Listen. If you think I'm gonna give up on you that easily just because you're dating Dan, you are so wrong Luce. I want to talk to your grandmother about this situation please."

"No."

With a loud groan Natsu threw his free hand up in the air in frustration. Lucy's stubbornness just irked Natsu sometimes, but at the same time he loved it. He loved how she refused anything, and it was like a bad taste in your mouth after eating a sweet hard candy.

"Fine, I'll find her myself."

"Natsu, are you always this dense?! My grandmother hates you with a passion! It's her hobby to throw darts at your face on a wall." That made Natsu falter, but he shook his head and grumbled through the phone.

"Erza and Gray hate me too, I think an old lady will be okay."

"Natsu--" he didn't want to hear her words for once as he hung up on her and smirked. He had a gut feeling that this grandmother was going to help him with this problem, and he refused to give in.

Hours later, Natsu was lost. He didn't know where the hell this freaky lady's house was and it started to make him upset. But before he could even think about turning around, he saw very faintly through some tree trunks the distant memory of the hideous house that screamed "no Natsu allowed" on the inside. Natsu practically skipped over to the front door as he knocked happily on the side window and waited.

"Listen, Acnologia, I don't want your--" Anna appeared through the screen door and she stared a long moment at Natsu, who waited under her stunned gaze.

"What the f--"

"Hi, I am pretty sure you remember me, but I was wondering if I could talk to you about Luce?" Anna stood there, unamused before slamming the door in his face.

"I'll take that as a hard no, but I have a strong reputation for not listening!" He hollered through a tiny hole in the screen door.

"Please? I swear, if this plan doesn't work, I will leave the Heartfilia family alone." Natsu begged, almost on his knees. He stayed silent for a while before hearing footsteps coming back to the door.

"You better promise, Dragneel. I don't have time for you."

"Ma'am--"

"Oh shut your pie hole, boy. I don't need your formality, it won't make me like you any better. I will always want to spit on you." Natsu clenched his fist, knowing that he should probably obey this woman before she whacked him with a purse most likely filled with bricks just for this occasion.

"Make it quick." Natsu sat down across from Anna, who still had her fire-filled eyes pinpointed on him, watching his every move like a snake.

"So, I think you've heard of my incident with Lucy and all--"

"Yes. Exactly why I want to burn you."

Natsu cleared his throat and continued, subconsciously pleading for her to shut up. "Well, I want to break the heat between the Heartfilias and the Dragneels. I want to make up for my wrongs and get a second chance from your granddaughter." Anna almost choked on the croissant she was eating as she laughed out loud.

"You want to break the heat between our families? Yeah, go right ahead, hon. You're asking for a death penalty. My granddaughter is not going to accept you, she is not naïve unlike other girls her age. And she definitely is not going to want to be with a boy like you who continues to hurt her." Natsu bit the inside of his cheek as the words drilled into him. Hurt. He softened his gaze and his voice became softer as well as he pleaded, "I know it's hard for you to like me because I'm a Dragneel, and I hurt Lucy more than enough times for her to forgive me. But I need some wise advice from someone, and you're my last hope. My mother hates me now because I don't want to marry the Strauss' youngest daughter, and I don't care if you want to bury me alive or feed me to alligators, I want Lucy back and I am not going to let her get taken away from me." He let the words hang in the air as Anna tapped her cheek that was big with a chunk of croissant. She chewed and swallowed, then leaned forward before staring daggers into Natsu, but he kept his eyes locked on Anna's which seemed unusually warm and kind and familiar. Lucy's eyes.

"I will help, but you have to help me first." Natsu sat up straight and nodded. "Deal! What is it?" He asked. Anna leaned back and gazed out the window before answering through a bitter tone,

"Acnologia."