Part 16

"At least it's Friday". I thought as I rolled out of bed and onto the floor. I have 20 minutes until I have to be at school. I get dressed slowly, feeling like I'm forgetting something. I shrug it off as I walk down stairs to the kitchen where I know my coffee is waiting for me.

Before I know it 20 minutes has gone by and my coffee is gone. I sigh as I pick up my school bag and walk to the door. My stomach knots as I remember what Sam had said to me. I try to shrug it off as I walk outside and down the stairs to my porch. I decide the best way to cope with my anxiety is by playing some music. Panic! At the disco is soon playing softly from my phone as I walk to school. I find myself humming along and watching my shoes move on top of the tan pavement as I get lost in
Brendon's beautiful voice. Right as my mind drifts to cringy ryden memes, something hits me in the back of the head. Hard. I turn around to find Sam and her group of friends as well as her boyfriend.

I hadn't bothered to learn his name because to be honest, to me he was just some jock. I feel myself tense at the sight of them and my feet seem to stop involuntary, as if they've suddenly decided that they don't need to listen to my brain which is screaming for me to walk, or even run away. Sam brakes into a shrill laugh as she looks over to her boy toy.

"this is the one?" He asks.
"Yes" she pouts.
I don't understand. "The one who what?" I call out.
"Don't play dumb" Samantha remarks dryly.
I simply stare at her, wide eyed and confused as my stomach begins to knot.
"I know your the bitch who called my girlfriend a slut" he yells.

"Oh. That. Yeah I kinda did but in my defense she kinda had her friends beat the crap out of me....." I explain.

"Run" he says.

What? Why? I look at him confused until he launches himself at me. I turn and run. Surely he wouldn't hurt me? He's a guy. I'm a girl. That's not fair. But that doesn't seem to matter as he tackles me to the ground, about four blocks away from school. My hands scrape the sidewalk and tears prick my eyes as a kick is delivered straight to my robs. I cough, choking from surprise and pain. He leans down and strudels me.
"This is for Sam" he says before punching me once giving me a black eye and again causing my lip to split. I feel tears run down my face as he gets up and looks at me with disgust. He waits for what seems like hours but is probably just a few seconds before Sam and her friends show up again. She tsks softly, shaking her head at me as I am not sitting with my knees pulled up to my chest, trying not to cry. With one final look, her boyfriend looks at me, and spits on me before they all begin to walk away.