Chapter 26

I stretched softly before letting my eyes slowly flutter open.  I was confused as to exactly where I was until I remembered the events of the day before. If there wasn't a warm, strong arm wrapped around me I might've thought it was all a dream. Maybe it was?

He was so kind. I'm not sure how I feel about everything though. Waking up in someone else's bed for the first time in my life.... it kind of made me realize how serious this whole thing was. I'm only 18 and he's well- I'm not sure how old he is but he has to be at least 23.  Not to mention he was my teacher. That's illegal. Very illegal. Suddenly I wasn't so sure exactly what I was doing here. My breath began to pick up and I felt tears prick my eyes. I can't breathe. I'm not breathing. Holy shi-

"Hey?  Hey, calm down princess what's wrong?"  His voice was honey and lavender and bells all together. Suddenly I could breathe. And then I knew why I was here.

"A-aren't you scared?" I blurted out.

"No. I'm guessing you are though..." he trailed off as sadness began to over take his features.

"No. No I'm not scared but. What are we doing?  Your my teacher."

"That's true... alright listen. I'm only four years older then you and you are legally an adult. And honestly after this year you'll have graduated and it won't be a problem."

He was right. I am a senior and... I guess he's only 22. Four years isn't that much of an age gap... and I don't like people my age anyways.

"Alright. Yeah your right." I responded.
Unfortunately soon after my stomach began to twist as I realized something. He had seen me. Almost all of me. He had seen my scars and didn't even mention them. Surely he must have noticed them?

I slowly rolled the sleeve of my left arm up, moving my hand to hold his.

"This it.... it d-doesn't bother you?" I asked him.

"What?" He asked seeming genuine.

"This.... these..." I trailed of motioning to my scars.

His eyes took in an all to somber mood as he shook his head slowly.

"This does not bother me. This is flesh and skin. This does not define you and honestly, I don't see them. I'm too busy looking at you to notice your scars."

Never in my life had I ever had anyone make me feel like he just did. I felt a smile creep onto my face before my cheeks danced with heat. I have no idea how to respond to something so beautifully kind. This was honestly a first for me.

He planted a soft kiss on my arm before standing up and stretching.

"Alright princess, what's for breakfast?" He asked resting his hands on his hips.

I was glad to have a break from the serious conversation we were in moments ago and somehow after his simple question it felt like the whole thing happened weeks ago. There was no tension. It wasn't awkward.  Everything just get right.

"How about pancakes?" I responded.

"That sounds perfect babygirl!" He smiled as if he was proud of me.  And it was contagious. Soon I was happy with myself as well.

"Wait.... I don't think I have any pancake mix. How's IHOP sound?"  He asked.

"Perfect." And honestly, as long as I was with him, I was sure it would be.