Finding

It's been two month's since Haruka has been on the run, and she has only recently discovered the villages whereabouts. It was a ninja village in the Land of Fire. She had been searching the second she left, asking around and dodging Rioko-sama's men at every turn. It was difficult but not impossible if you were clever enough. There had been some close calls, of course, but she was able to get away with some simple clone jutsu's and transformations.

And now, here she was. She hid in the tree line, chakra completely concealed, gazing up at the gate surrounding the village with it's name proudly proclaimed on a sign. Briefly, Haruka considered just going in through the entrance, but immediately rejected that notion. She was still on the run, and was probably considered a criminal, having lived with them all her life. To be rejected, after coming this far, would kill her.

She had given much thought to her brother, and had decided many things about him. He would look like her, like she had seen other siblings resemble each other, and she would protect him with her life. No matter who he was, she would lay her life down for him, do whatever possible to keep him from hurting. To say so was probably considered rash, but she had never had a real family before. It was a novelty, and one she would want to preserve for ever.

Haruka had also considered the possibility that he would be in the ninja academy at the village, and was also prepared for that. It would require 24/7 protection for him, and she would never leave his side. As long as he was happy though, it would be more than okay for her.

Transforming into a squirrel, something that caused much concentration as she had never studied squirrels up close, she moved along the tree line until she was out of sight of the guards, and scampered up the wall. She almost fell twice, but otherwise made it to the top unscathed.

Standing on top of a guard tower, her stomach flipped and her heart beat was erratic. Somewhere, in this village, her brother lived. He probably walked the very streets she could see, entered some of the shops, maybe had even been on top of the same guard tower.

Dropping down, she hid in an alley and released the transformation. She decided to transform into an Anbu after watching the street for a minute or two. No one seemed to speak to them, look at them twice, or question their presence at all.

Now disguised, she strolled confidently on the street, as if she were patrolling or on a mission, when, in truth, she had no aim to her wanderings at all. Haruka examined all the children near her age, certain she would be able to tell which was her twin, but none rang even the slightest of bells. Still, she knew he was here. He had to be. The name of this village was all she had. She knew nothing of his identity, or any other location connected to him, besides this village. If he was not here, what else would she be able to do?

After searching an hour, she was losing hope. She had never been patient, and this search had been going on far past her limit. Still, she knew she should not have expected to just walk in and see him. Life did not work that way.

Suddenly, she heard a shout behind her. "NARUTO UZUMAKI!!!"

A boy was running, decked in orange, grinning ear to ear, and laughing. Behind him, a man with a scar on his nose was in full pursuit. It was obvious what had happened. The man, obviously a ninja by his headband, was covered in green paint. A 2 year old could see what had happened.

"YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME, IRUKA-SENSEI!" The orange boy shouted. Haruka was seized by an impulse to help, and followed her instincts immediately. dashing ahead, she in an alley right around a corner. As the boy passed, she pulled him in, covering his mouth with her hand and pulling him against her temporarily adult-sized body.

Of course, he squirmed for all he was worth, and she did not release him until the Sensei had passed their opening. Once she let go of him, he immediately flew forward on his stomach, scrambled up and pointed at Haruka.

"WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE, GRABBING PEOPLE LIKE THAT! YOU'RE PROBABLY SOME PERVERT, AREN'T YOU!" She smiled a little under the mask. This boy sure does scream a lot. I like him. Then, she took a closer look. Could it be..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Edited